• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco manual dilemma

cheyenne

I have a Kobelco SK045 & here's my dilemma...:beatsme....I have been told many times the only difference between the Grey Market Machines & the Machines for the U.S. Market are the safety features....:usa:...Is this true & if so wouldn't the service & parts manuals be the same for either Machine:...:confused:...I have also been told the part No. for either machine are the same...:notworthy...$500 for Grey Market manual & $35 for U.S. Manual...:Banghead......Cheyenne

cheyenne

The serial No. is PY02469 & I need any available manuals........Cheyenne

cheyenne

I'm positive that is the correct serial No. PY 02469 Do you have the ability to cross reference grey market machines....Cheyenne

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
I have a JCE book.
Japanese Construction Equipment guide. It is exactly what we use to decipher grey market machines.
I see no PY prefix anywhere for Kobelco.
USA guide is the same. No "PY" prefix.
I also looked at auction results for SK024 and all were PV prefix.

Is the serial number stamped on the frame or on a tag?

cheyenne

Is there another place on the Machine where there might be a serial No. Where would it be stamped on the frame ????......Just too double check...........Cheyenne

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
The numbers from Kobelco USA shows a SK45 with a PY06 and up also PJ2 and 3 there is no PV.

cheyenne

I have a Kobelco New Mini Series, Serviceman Handbook and on the cover it states, SK045 py-02001-