• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

excavator

You say Japanese controls, swing is forward and backwards on the left hand control? I'll check tomorrow, I might have the diagram to do this.

Rongiacobbe

Occupation
General Contractor
I am new to this forum, although huge fan for long time. I have see the excellent advice given and now am in need of a little myself. I have a SK210LC YQ08-U1650 and have a hydraulic problem. The machine is stuttering with upstroke of the boom/dipper. Also, sluggish turning and walking. The unit has approx 2500hrs bought new by us. This issued started after we removed a breaker that we demo. The breaker was a factory new endeco, and it was the first and only attachment we've had on the machine. I did a full hydro service new tutela oil and filters from dealer. Still acting up. Their also seems to be a delay of sorts when we release the service Saftey handle to operate, the hydro motor seems to keep running a bit? We kinda got screwed due to the fact that we don't have a dealer in CT. The nearest dealer is in NY. I would like to try to diagnose if I can, I read a thread similar to this that was a few years old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Ron

whitemike

Occupation
Small land clearing biz owner
Mr. Kobelco, i own an 02 sk160lc VI, s# ym02-u0469. I would like to find a used if possable shop/repair manual but new will do. Do you have any ideas? Also i would like to know the pressure settings on the main boom, jib boom, bucket cup , swing and track motor pressure if there are all differnt and adjustable. Machine has 5200 hours , very clean and tight but i would like to fine tune it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

85b2man

so had something happen yesterday with my sk120 i was running it when all of a sudden it lost throttle controll, it idle'd down and the key wouldnt turn it off. i think its the servo motor as the machine has been parked for about 3 years without much use?

am i going in the right direction? is there a way to test the servo motor ? does anyone know the part number?

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
so had something happen yesterday with my sk120 i was running it when all of a sudden it lost throttle controll, it idle'd down and the key wouldnt turn it off. i think its the servo motor as the machine has been parked for about 3 years without much use?

am i going in the right direction? is there a way to test the servo motor ? does anyone know the part number?
2406U197F4 is the throttle motor part #
You should be able to search this thread and find the solution to testing it. It is a common questions.
If you need a new motor, I have them on the shelf at half of dealer list price.

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
You can test the stepping motor with a meter. on the 4 pin connector coming out of the motor you need to have 5.7 ohms between the brown and orange wires. The same between the red and yellow wires. The 3 pin connector is your limit switch. you only use the white and red wire. By turning the stepping motor shaft by hand it should spin fairly easy with no hard spots or catching in both directions it should feel smooth and have no play in the shaft. In your 3 pin connector you have a white wire and a red wire, this is your limit switch. By using your ohm pisition on your mulimeter you need full continuity at the end 10 degrees of rotation in both direction and open in the middle, It is common to have broken wires at the connections, check for this. also check your fuses. wes

85b2man

You can test the stepping motor with a meter. on the 4 pin connector coming out of the motor you need to have 5.7 ohms between the brown and orange wires. The same between the red and yellow wires. The 3 pin connector is your limit switch. you only use the white and red wire. By turning the stepping motor shaft by hand it should spin fairly easy with no hard spots or catching in both directions it should feel smooth and have no play in the shaft. In your 3 pin connector you have a white wire and a red wire, this is your limit switch. By using your ohm pisition on your mulimeter you need full continuity at the end 10 degrees of rotation in both direction and open in the middle, It is common to have broken wires at the connections, check for this. also check your fuses. wes

so I tested it and first to note the plugs were all melted so if someone has a part number for that it woukd be sweet, secondly the first ohm test I got 6.7 ohms and the 3 pin I had different color wires but no combo of them did I get font nuity, so im thinkin the motor is bad

so its a 120 accra if anyone knows the part num for the plug

lodgepole

Kobelco sk70 excavator hyd. pump loading engine constantly

Had a hyd. hose blow....fixed hose and hooked everything back up and filled with oil. Had to pull several hoses to find blown hose under hyd. tank. but all functions worked the right way.....just very slow except for swing that wouldn't swing at all. Symptoms worse now, seems pump is loading engine constantly. I have checked several valves on top of valve control to see if they were stuck and all seem ok. I am also getting a CPU warning in cab now. I am no hyd. expert but I feel I might have bad sensor on pump that wont let it de-stroke. Any help is much appreciated.

racecoach

Occupation
Business
Hello,

Looking to find out how to disassemble the leaking elbow fitting on my SK60 swing engine
There are two side by side elbows with lock nut and they are blocking each other in the process of unscrewing them from the top cover
Need to replace or fix?? a (seal, o-ring or whatever is sealing the elbow joint)?

Thank You

PatSwing Cover.jpg

rockune

Hey there Mr. Kobelco,
Very, very generous of you to assist us Kobelco-ites. I've just joined the group. I have a K-907c, machine s/n LN06376 and place it around mid-1980's. I've experienced grinding noise coming during the swing gear motion. It still turns but once you back off the handle, the grinding sound develops until it sounds just like metal-to-metal brakes. There is one point in the 360-degrees where it binds and cannot turn past that point so you have to turn in the opposite direction. Ideas? I bought it 6-years ago for 15,000 and only use it around the yard so any large expense is not in the cards.
PS: I've recently purchased a drive cable and it cost me $550...its considered a rare find! Please advise...THX

grandkobelco

Occupation
racecoach

If you spin one of those 90 deg fittings in the exact right position the other one will spin out.

grandkobelco

Occupation
rockune

Have you checked the oil level in your swing trany? It may be to late. Sounds like you have a problem in there and/ or your slewing ring.

monty 98247

Hello, I have a somewhat gray...SK 042, ser # YP 01115, I am looking for a manual for this machine, so I can access both the hydraulic diagram and the electrical schematic. The local dealer tells me he can get me one but advises that I may need to go to the back to get a small loan. My machine has about 42XX hrs on it and seems to start & run fine, it does however without notice go to a very slow idle, and will die if you make any moves. I have changed all of the fuel filters and this has no affect on the problem. It seems to be more affected if the machine does NOT warm up for at least 20 min. Any ideas?
Thank You, Monty

tcvt

Monty,

I'm guessing you spoke to someone at Farmers Eqpmt in Lynden. They helped me get a manual. Are you sure about the model number? Is it a PY number? The SK042 seem to have PY numbers, not YP numbers as you stated.

Here is a SK042 manual in Japanese (looks like a parts manual) on ebay. Item number 261153266947
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOBELCO-SK042-/261153266947?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccdf29d03

You can check here, though I never bought from him. He's in the Ukraine
http://sudoremont.com.ua/english/katalog/kobelco/kob-map.htm

Try tradebit.com

I bought a manual from this seller on ebay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/johntracy04/

The person who used to be active in this forum as Mr. Kobelco started a subscription access forum here:
http://www.*******************/forum/forum.php

Good luck.

Tom

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
Hi I have a Mk3 Kobelco 200, It is showing a CPU controller code 17, what causes this and how do I go about fixing it?