• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco 135SR LC Comments?

d6btex

I am looking for a at a Kobelco 135 for general use around the farm. Digging stumps, installing culverts and general dirt work. Are these pretty reliable hoes or should I stick with Cat or a JD?
Thanks in advance!

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Well we have lots of them out and they have been very good machines.

Tags

I have a Kobelco 115SRDZ and have been very happy with it, there are several in my area and nobody seems to complain about em. The 115 is more or less the same as a 135, except the 115 has a blade and the 135 has a longer track frame. Most 135's also have a longer stick than the 115's as well so they have a bit more reach. The only real annoying thing about em is if you blow a hydraulic line inside the machine they tend be a bit of a challenge to replace due to the zero tail swing design.

Deereman

A relative of mine has one. Decent machine but they are not very smooth machines and not much to be had in the way of power. Yes they would work for what you are doin, but i would rather have a 120D or 120 Deere in general.

Hitachi225

We have a 2014 260srlc that is extremely smooth , very powerful and tons of breakout force. Actually more then the 329e cat we had on rent for 4 months.