• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kiewit Pics?

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Mass X should have a few. I can probably snap some of the 23rd ave interchange they are doin here in Edmonton. What are ya lookin for?

fensoncont.

I would like to see earthwork projects mainly, and some bridge building wouldn't be bad either. Thanks for the very quick response.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
they came and did a presentation at an ASCE meeting here a few months ago...had some really neat pictures of some swing bridges they completed up in NYC. I wish i could find some of the pictures they showed us.

33horse

Occupation
Cable & Wire
Kiewit

I have to drive thru 15 miles of their current work everyday on Interstate 95 in Florida. They seem to have their act together as there are very few delays except for idiots who exceed the speed posted. It's a 15 mile widening to 6 Lanes with 3 overpass rebuilds and Concrete Median Barrier.
It's interesting how many borrow pits (lakes) they've dug for materials. Once the bed is finished they pave with asphalt and then pour what looks to be 1 foot of concrete on top of it. It's going to be nice. Their operation seems to run 24 hours a day. The concrete dust is terrible (from all the sawing).
Being flat here and mostly sand, this is probably easy work for them as it's happening fast. I notice they run rolling roadblocks from time to time to slow traffic. It's never stop and go 65 all the way thru it. Trucks passing thru are asked to use the inside lanes. I'd take a few pictures but there is no where to stop and most equipment work is at night.