• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

key for 955L trackholder ... where to buy?

DPForumDog

Maybe I am a little paranoid, but we have only one key for our 955L track loader. I want to get a couple of spare keys. What do most folks do?

Thanks
Granny DP

tag: Cat 955 caterpillar 955L

Cutterjohn

As far as availability, most CAT dealers should have them, about $6.00 a pop. I'm sure there are aftermarket ones, just never ran into any.

Tags

A piece of heavy wire bent in a "U" shape will work if you're desperate or stranded without one....

kb9tci

I just bought 4 of them for around $6 shipped off of eBay. They came in a few days ago and look good. Have to try them out soon

TEC

Depending on the dealer, they may just give you the key. If not, they cant be more than $5-6 each, remember to hit them up for a free hat/t shirt/cup while your there.....

Tom