• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kenworth torn in half!!!

544D10

Occupation
Lucas & Mercier Construction Co.
Hope this isnt a repost; saw these on a 4x4 site.
Code:

Attachments

• rig torn 1.jpg
    rig torn 1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 3,789
  • rig torn 2.jpg
    rig torn 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 5,378

Freightrain

Cracked frame rails!

Buy the looks of the strapped hooked to the bumper, it was being pulled by something pretty stout and it pulled it apart.

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
I saw something similar happen once, truck stuck in mud, d-9 pulling it across to hard ground. Driver got some traction and put slack in the cable, Dozer operated did not notice and then truck lost traction... cable came tight all of a sudden and then the front of the truck left the rear.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
That looks like a makeshift airline to fill the air tanks. It may not have been hooked up to the right tank to release the brakes and the tow rig got a little over eager.

Just speculating

Freightrain

Ya, that red line hangin' in mid air. I was kinda wondering what that was and now it makes perfect sense.

Maybe they are set'n up to to an "outta frame" on it? LOL!!
"Here hook this up to that pin, it will get the hood and all that other crap outta the way"

DR RPM

Occupation
Dirt Flinger
That sure looks like one of Tri-can well servicing rigs from up here, wish the doors were visible. I agree with the towing idea.:bash

Eric

Boy I see a Southwest Airlines commercial.... Wanna get away???!!!

Phone call: Hey boss, eh, how was your day today?? Listen, about the Kenworth. You said you were thinking about doing some work to the old girl right???? Uhhh... Hmmm......

Preppypyro

That is a tri can truck. I have a buddy that works for them, and he told me what happened.

Apparantly they had to tow it for some reason or another, and there was a rookie driver in the truck. So from what my buddy told me, the guy getting towed slammed on the brakes for some unknown reason, and the result is what you see!