• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kenworth brake lights

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
My 2017 T370 s.n.164219 lost the brake lights. Blinkers and parking lights work. Brake switch is working but I’ve got a short to ground on the wire leaving the brake switch. I tried to get a schematic at my dealer but they sent me something not even close. I’ve been trying to caveman diagnose it. I unplugged the blinker switch thinking that those will do funny things with no luck. My last try was to unplug all the bulkhead connectors on the firewall but I’ve still got the short which leads me to believe it’s in the 17 miles of wire that is wrapped up inside the dash. Does anyone have access to a schematic?

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I think the peterbilts run through a controller so I’m sure the kw does as well.

Truck Shop

I think the peterbilts run through a controller so I’m sure the kw does as well.
I remember a issue on one of our 2016's--It was odd, ended up replacing controller, but I think
it may have been a signal issue.