• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kent hydraulic quick coupler, why three hydraulic ports?

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
just wondering why it would have three hook up spots, all others that I have seen only have two?

Attachments

• IMG_1599.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 42

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I suggest you contact "Kent" ask for installtion schematic, we can help from that.
Kind regards
Uffex

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
they are out of business, could I hook air to each port and see what it moves ? thanks

kenworth

Occupation
Jack of a Few Trades, Master of None
Pilot operated check valve or load holding check valve to hold the coupler closed in case the hose were to break?
Like what is used on aerial equipment.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I would guess one is for opening - one for closing. The third could be for unlocking as suggested or for a high pressure release. Some of these devices use the rod end of the cylinder to un-couple the device this will require a high pressure. Dismantling and making photo's would give us a better idea.
Kind regards
Uffex

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
I opened all the ports and just tried some air thru them, the two lower ports air travels thru, the top port is dead headed, so I think this would be the check valve that needs pressure applied.

this machine that I would like to put it on came with a Esco posi grab wet kit and somebody kept the controller which is (450.00)

the Esco is a double hydraulic cylinder system. I would like to keep the wet kit system intact and just buy the controller and get it to work on this Kent coupler do you think this will work?

Attachments

• IMG_1636.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1608.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1609.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Mix & Match is not without risks, that risk will belong to you, if this is exceptable I can help you couple the quick coupler to your machine.
Kind regards
Uffex

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
yes I understand Esco guy filled me in, I except all responsibility, luckily I work alone, mainly farm stuff.had a buddy was throwing the stubby ramps on a lowboy pc 300 quick coupler came undone rocking on one pin knocked him back ten feet. he has never been the same since!

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Lets begin with what you have in the base machine, can you please photo the valve where the QF lines are connected at the base machine, the connector you illustrate was superceeded with a later version.
The extra port at the cylinder is somewhat confusing have you a photo of this?
Kind regards
Uffex

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
from pic to hydraulic schematic, pink is red, orange is hook close, yellow is pilot signal

first photo at top coupler is in closed position, guessing fitting on top side is the safety check valve that would be (c)black in drawing, (B)blue would go to fitting below per drawing, which is hook open.so it would apply pressure to both of those at once which should allow it to operate? (A)orange, hopefully will close without(C)safety valve pressure. just not sure how those springs work per pic at top looks like a safety hitch that needs to be lifted for cylinder to stroke open. not sure maybe I am off, but every thing is hooked up at machine, just like drawing

Attachments

• IMG_E1648.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Please see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Esco coupler.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 12

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
thanks Uffex I will get the controller ordered, might be a week or two before I get on this, more work came in that people want done before freeze up

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I suggest you check out the pressure lines first you may be getting a part you may not need.
Kind regards
Uffex

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
ok the valve make and model is Parker 1c-7077, the orange middle left pictured is the locking line, need to power up valve tomorrow and that should switch flow to blue, which goes to manifold at stick and splits two ways. I did switch orange and blue at end of stick manifold, and the coupler did nothing, tried all hook ups possible wondering if cylinder coupler might be locked up?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Made a search for that valve without luck, not to sure what you have.
Kind regards
Uffex

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
powered up the valve and it supplied 5500 psi to blue so that would be hook open, every thing seems to be functioning just like hydraulic schematic shows.at the coupler end it has two little stubs that move the safety locks so two rods that travel with the cylinder can move to close cylinder and unlatch.only movement so far was a half inch to total close and it made a pretty good squeal. been soaking it down its been sitting for a while.

with air number 1 dead heads 2 and 3 air feeds thru, applied pressure to number one only, nothing, to see if it would move lock pins 2 and 3 where unhooked, oil came dribbling out of number 2 hose unhooked.

Attachments

• IMG_1713.jpeg
    IMG_1713.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1714.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1716 (1).jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 5

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If you have a schematic please post it, we can help more with this information.
Kind regards
Uffex