• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kato Info

JASON M

I'm going to take some digital pics of it (My Kato 1250 VII Exceed) and post it out here on this thread for interested buyers...... parts or in whole. The Mitsu motor is actually like new, ovhl'd recently, as well as a good hyd pump. I'm just not smart enough to get the hyd pump to unload smoothly. It's something simple to a fix by a very good Kato mechanic, but I've found nobody local that can do it. I even offered to fly a good mechanic in to get her going but have been unsuccessful. It really would be a jewel to someone who understood the mechanical intricacies of the unit; I just can't find one here.

Jason M.

JASON M

Kato1250

This is it.

Attachments

• 101_0489.jpg
    101_0489.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,136
  • 101_0490.jpg
    101_0490.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,083
  • 101_0491.jpg
    101_0491.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 101_0492.jpg
    101_0492.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,064
  • 101_0493.jpg
    101_0493.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,075

rockmuncher

First question; is that a long track machine? It looks like it is but I can't quite count the bottom rollers.

What exactly is wrong with the hydraulics?
explain in detail.

Thanks,

Shane

rockmuncher

Jason M I'm just across the LA border in Texas and have been looking for drive motor parts for my 1220 SE II. Were you ever able to find a dealer for parts (new or used)? I have been without the use of my machine since June 2009 because of a broken cylinder block. My machine was purchased in LA and used by a Parish. I bought it used from them.

Are you saying that the track motor has sh!t itself?

By rights that machine should have Hy- dash final drives. I am sure that the company above would have some of the available.

regards,

Shane

JASON M

Whenever the hydraulic controls are engaged, the motor begins lugging down hard to the point of stalling. The engine is also running hot because of the hydraulic load. The engine is like new condition. The pump has been resealed..... for whatever that's worth.

I had a Customer Support Rep from Komatsu (only because he's a personal friend) drive here to put his eye on it, and he couldn't really offer anything except that the hydraulic pump was "not unloading" He also did not have a factory service manual for diagnostics.

merideth

Are you saying that the track motor has sh!t itself?

By rights that machine should have Hy- dash final drives. I am sure that the company above would have some of the available.

regards,

Shane

Shane, It does have a hy-dash gm30F. try finding one of those anymore (new or used) no parts available anywhere. the only thing wrong with mine is that the cylinder block cracked. all other internal parts are ok or reparable. but you cant make it work with a broke cylinder block.

merideth

BTW, the 1250 pictured does indeed have Hy-Dash final drives.

Jason,
Which final drive does your 1250 have? Hy-dash made a bunch of them. From the looks of the age of your machine it may be the GM series. ie. GM30 Gm35 Gm36 etc. the one i need parts from is the GM30F the GM36F would fit my machine but i would need to replace the whole thing because the parts aren't interchangeable. You can find the number on the drive motor cover there is a plate and some of these actually have the model # cast into the cover plate.

Also if you will let me know what pumps it has on it, i may be able to help you with getting it fixed. Shop is in Conroe Texas. It should have a set of Kawasaki hydraulic pumps in tandem (one left and one right). Let me know the model number of those as well. Either way I'd consider looking at it either to fix or buy.

bigrus

Maybe a chance

if any of you know of an old 1220 SE parked in a bone yard or someones pasture somewhere because they couldn't get parts, I'd sure like to know about it. Maybe I could get what I need from them.

Hi, Kato excavators sold fairly well down here in the past. Try "UKW spares" in Australia or Expressway.com.au
Good luck :)

rockmuncher

Whenever the hydraulic controls are engaged, the motor begins lugging down hard to the point of stalling. The engine is also running hot because of the hydraulic load. The engine is like new condition. The pump has been resealed..... for whatever that's worth.

I had a Customer Support Rep from Komatsu (only because he's a personal friend) drive here to put his eye on it, and he couldn't really offer anything except that the hydraulic pump was "not unloading" He also did not have a factory service manual for diagnostics.

I will have a bit of a yarn to my old man and see if he still know anyone that can help you with that. The pumps on that machine will kawasaki pumps.

Do all of the electronic engine controls, track speed controls, pump control systems still work?

BTW, how many hours does it have on it?

The rollers again.

That machine is a long track machine. It is the very first KATO 1250 VII that I have ever seen with a long undercarriage.

Shane, It does have a hy-dash gm30F. try finding one of those anymore (new or used) no parts available anywhere. the only thing wrong with mine is that the cylinder block cracked. all other internal parts are ok or reparable. but you cant make it work with a broke cylinder block.

As I said, try the bloke I posted above and the one that bigrus posted.

It is very possible that my dad has one in his collection but I am not so sure that he would be willing to do an overseas transaction.

Is the machine a 1220 SE or a 1220 SEII?

merideth

You could try tillys.com.au
Never know your luck ;)

Thanks Bigrus, They did have the complete final drives but not one parted out. A little expensive for the whole thing.

Hey Jason M
If you're wanting to sell that 1250 you should let me know where I can come look at it. Or you might try Todd Resser at www.hrparts.com. they are the only people i know of left in the U.S. that buy used Katos. Don't get your hopes up on price though.

rockmuncher

Thanks Bigrus, They did have the complete final drives but not one parted out. A little expensive for the whole thing.

Hey Jason M
If you're wanting to sell that 1250 you should let me know where I can come look at it. Or you might try Todd Resser at www.hrparts.com. they are the only people i know of left in the U.S. that buy used Katos. Don't get your hopes up on price though.

Yeah, I am thinking that if you are wanting just parts out of a final drive your going to have a very hard time finding someone willing to do that.

Not so sure where to look for that. If you call excavator world he is probably your best bet but even then I am not so sure. He usually doesn't reply to emails, easiest to call.

Shane

JASON M

Hey guys: I'm walking out the door to attend a Mardi Gras event, but when the smoke sets, I'll get back to all of you about my 1250.

Thanks,

Jason M.

bigrus

Good luck

At least you've made some headway on your search.
I spent 4 years tracking a hub for my grader, so I know the frustration. :Banghead At least I could keep my machine going, lucky the bearings didn't go west before I found a replacement :cool:

JASON M

Jason,
Which final drive does your 1250 have? Hy-dash made a bunch of them. From the looks of the age of your machine it may be the GM series. ie. GM30 Gm35 Gm36 etc. the one i need parts from is the GM30F the GM36F would fit my machine but i would need to replace the whole thing because the parts aren't interchangeable. You can find the number on the drive motor cover there is a plate and some of these actually have the model # cast into the cover plate.

Also if you will let me know what pumps it has on it, i may be able to help you with getting it fixed. Shop is in Conroe Texas. It should have a set of Kawasaki hydraulic pumps in tandem (one left and one right). Let me know the model number of those as well. Either way I'd consider looking at it either to fix or buy.

Maybe you should come look at the machine. I'll sell it outright for $10,000, as is, loaded under its own power onto your lowboy. If you think that your shop can fix it.... that would be a bargain for you. I don't have use for it anymore.
The operators who ran it used to favor it for it's smoothness, power, light control feel, and stability; I guess because of its long Undercarriage. But in my business, parts availability and service are paramount. Come take a look; might be exactly what you need.

Jason M.
My cell is 318 359 4827.