• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win

Welder Dave

Turkey house CAT clean out special. They whack the cabs to be shorter to fit in the buildings, but reattach the top for I imagine the electrical/ keypad.

Either way, they come up for sale with a lot of hours and some hard use.

View attachment 301407View attachment 301408View attachment 301409
A know a guy who used to raise chickens. When they came to get them to load onto trucks they used a chopped skid steer. The problem was they did the worst possible hack job you could imagine to lower the cab. Instead of cutting the bottom off the cab and just lowering the roof with all the electrics, they chopped the top off and made an absolute nightmare of the wiring. The shop that sold the skid steer also charged them a fortune to put higher speed drive motors in it. That was done OK but overall the machine was the worst butcher job you could ever imagine times 10! I can't see anybody wanting to ever work on it. Loose wires all over the place and none of them in a loom or even taped together. It was a perfect recipe for an electrical fire.

Welder Dave

They make low profile fork lifts but I'd imagine they're really expensive and probably a lot heavier than skid steers requiring bigger trailers. I don't know what requirements a chopped skid steer would have to meet. I'd imagine there'd be a big problem if an accident were to happen and the operator was injured.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Once ROPS was reimagined surprised can still be allowed usage, any other industry would be handed their own walking papers.
That's for sure! And heaven forbid if a stick on compliance tag fell off after several years! And don't let someone tack on a bracket to the ROPS for the mandatory fire extinguisher!

Truck Shop

Bunch of old lathes for sale out of a machine shop. That first one has got some serious gearing going on. Not much for shields, but you just need to be careful.
Oh my you were at Three Finger Jacks-a legendary machine shop. Jack is blind in one eye and
after his last accident machining he's lucky to have three fingers left to wipe with.
That's a K of the R-real boomer toy.
IMG_4799 1.jpg