• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
IMG_0433.jpgIMG_0439.jpgIMG_0432.jpg
That looks like a pretty good reach too some pictures from the last couple days I was 11 hours for 15 pics on the timber frames one of the framers said it's a 10 million dollar house. The picture of the valley was a set of trusses this morning the one of the sky is just because it looked purdy

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
The swim spa looks the same as the one I was too afraid to set this summer and had a friend set for me, does it have engineered hitch points or are you just not hooked up yet?
Ps. Sorry for putting my pictures on your thread , wasn't thinking. I'm finally getting some jobs worth taking pictures of so I enjoy sharing. I really enjoy seeing everyone else's work as well.

crane operator

No engineered pick points, I just basket 2- 20' x4" nylons under it, the cables with hooks on the spreader bar just make it easy to hook up. I think it was 75' or so radius.

I don't mind the pictures here either- I also like seeing other jobs.

Knepptune

You guys definitely have way better scenery then me. I spend to much time in towns. Not much worth taking pictures of inside the loops in those big cities. And I'll stand by that statement.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
You guys definitely have way better scenery then me. I spend to much time in towns. Not much worth taking pictures of inside the loops in those big cities. And I'll stand by that statement.
I'm 100% farm boy, I've never wanted to be anywhere else. Makes me think of our last twp election in which I was a candidate for my third term, I was a little disenchanted with the whole deal and kinda adopted a "don't give a sh!t attitude " when a urban transplant was complaining to me about her husband stepping in horse manure, and asking me what I was going to do about it. I rather abruptly said Ive had sh!t on my boots almost every day of my life and it's never done me any harm , she gave me a disgusted look and said " I'm no farmer" I politly smiled at her and said hum thats too bad for you, I think I lost a couple votes right there. This has nothing to do with your post just fondly reminiscing

Last edited:

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
We call the window the carpenter glass. Made to stand up, poke your head through and yell insults at them

I needed your carpenter glass a couple days ago , but not to stick my head out of but to keep me in, no details but if I could have reached most of the crew I would have tried to beat some common sense into them. And this is from me I'm usually content to watch the fools wasting time and making me money but sometimes there isn't enough money to make stupid ok

Impact

Occupation
Owner
I needed your carpenter glass a couple days ago , but not to stick my head out of but to keep me in, no details but if I could have reached most of the crew I would have tried to beat some common sense into them. And this is from me I'm usually content to watch the fools wasting time and making me money but sometimes there isn't enough money to make stupid ok

If it was easy our wives would be crane operators. :)

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
If it was easy our wives would be crane operators. :)
And do you want to know a really sad part of this some one is trusting these fools to make their dreams come true. I spend most of my time managing the building of custom homes and sometimes it's all I can handle. On any given day I could screw something up that can not be fixed and will effect the quality of the home forever

ichudov

Finished this up on the lowboy today. It had just regular brake cans, and the valve that would close off the air in the brake lines when you parked it, for parking brakes. Which is great until the air slowly bleeds off, then when you try to hook up to it two days later, you get to play chase the trailer.
View attachment 161353

you can use the Johnson bar to brake the trailer when you hook up. (trailer brake hand valve) It is there for this purpose.

lantraxco

Yup, but with a lowboy sometimes you just don't have enough stretch in the air lines, especially with a detach.

td25c

Yup, but with a lowboy sometimes you just don't have enough stretch in the air lines, especially with a detach.

I am so far behind times on these issues . :eek:

Drop some 7" X 9" short rail tie ends under the wheels of the low boy & hook up like ya own it .:D

crane operator

I guess in addition to hooking up, sometimes I leave the trailer on a incline, sometimes quite a bit of a incline. I would hate to come back and see the trailer in a different location than where I left it.

Knepptune

Sounds like you just have no sense of humor crane op. Who wouldn't like a little game of where is my trailor. You do have a crane to haul it back out of. whatever holler it ends up in.

crane operator

We've got some holler's that the 500' of cable on the winch wouldn't begin to reach to.:D

Oh yes, the glamour, the high class events, and picture worthy things that construction entails:

20161117_084349.jpg

20161117_084543.jpg

20161117_084710.jpg

I always rig the bottom, then ratchet strap around the middle, around the rigging.

I pulled one out of a blind spot in a building back in Iowa, they just rigged the bottom, it flipped out of the rigging probably 60' up and exploded when it hit the ground. It was full. They brought in a portable power washer guy to try to clean up the mess.

lantraxco

Classy! I can honestly say I never lifted one of those.

I have, but we had a couple with an added on base and a steel arch with a picking ring at the top, made to fly. Always tried to fly the pipelayer with his pants down, never quite managed it!

crane operator

Mission impossible this week. 35,000lb, generator. Up a steep gravel driveway, with a 4' hump in it. Down a 10' wide lane, with a curve, stone bank, and trees.

20161118_123106.jpg

Can't trim any trees- not even that 6' cedar

20161118_123115.jpg

Opens up to a 38' x 38' opening, for transformer, new generator and crane, and truck delivering generator.

20161118_123124.jpg

Truck driver will back right up in there for you (says contractor, I'm thinking no over the road driver is getting up there), this is what he shows up with

20161119_130043.jpg

crane operator

Transfer generator to the old international and the rollback trailer. Its got pretty good ground clearance and turns pretty short.

20161121_093220.jpg

Drug it up the hill this far with the forklift pulling on the rear. Had to have that much generator hanging off the rear in order to pick it off the trailer in the hole. Generator ahead would have helped backing up.

20161121_101002.jpg

Hung up on the hump, and too steep, so put the forklift on the side, to get up the last until the trailer was in the flat.

20161121_101030.jpg

Got the rt backed in there before the trailer.

20161121_111208.jpg