• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I will more likely fix the broken model, not much I can't fix unless it involves parts not made anymore or never made to be replaced.

crane operator

I will more likely fix the broken model, not much I can't fix unless it involves parts not made anymore or never made to be replaced.

I'd done heater elements twice, a complete rewire of the back side, and a door switch before. Its been broken more than any stove I've ever owned. In fact I don't think any other stove I ever have owned has actually broke. This time the control panel went, and it was $500 for the part. I couldn't see that kind of repair on a 20 year old stove- because its been so unreliable already, so new one it was.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Dmiller has been shaming me with all his honey do projects. Of course it takes a actual break down for me to do any work around the house.

Old stove went down, and no supper with no stove, so - no choices or putting off this one.

Being the tightwad I am, I had to go to lowes to the scratch and dent/ discontinued aisle to do a little discount shopping. Have you seen how expensive stoves are?

View attachment 226214

90% of all our appliances were bought just that way!!
Wife is as much a penny pincher where a bargain is just as good as new in box at times.
Fridges and cooktop in house fridge in shop
Even some of the sink hardware were last of runs model change outs or delivered and returned but still new.

Got to love bargains!

crane operator

My wife always shakes her head and walks away when I start playing "lets make a deal" in the store:). She gets embarrassed, and wouldn't dream of making a offer on something in a store. I always figure they can say no if they don't like my offer.

It was originally $1,800. They had it marked at $1,400. I tried to get it bought for $1,100 and ended up at $1,200. I'll stand and haggle a little for $200 ;).

The box top had been cut open, but the sides hadn't been, and it was all still packaged up. $1,200 still seems like a lot of $$$ for a stove.

Tugger2

I like my hook rollers even more after watching that video.In my early days of pile driving with a 20 ton Michigan we stopped for coffee and noticed one of the rear hook roller pins laying on the deck. We were doing test piles ,drive one with the drop hammer ,then pull like a basta**d and reef the same pile back out ,repeat over and ever.Never noticed a difference missing a pin.

crane operator

Redoing a highway ditch for MDOT. This has a set of culverts under house driveway's just downstream, but they get washed out every spring. Had to have the power company move the power. First two didn't fit so great, they were off a little on the gravel base. The backhoe and loader did a little regrading, and we were good to go.

20201015_090943.jpg 20201015_115714.jpg

Tags

So not knowing anything about the inner workings of a crane, do they have a similar turntable to an excavator or a different style turntable that would make that crane flip off of the carrier frame??

crane operator

So not knowing anything about the inner workings of a crane, do they have a similar turntable to an excavator or a different style turntable that would make that crane flip off of the carrier frame??

Its just a big bearing in the truck cranes and the newer crawlers, bolted to the welded frame.

Tugger's conventionals are a little different, on the older ones they just have big rollers riding on a large metal ring.

Here's hook rollers:

hook rollers 1.jpg hook rollers 2.jpg

Here's truck crane bearing:

truck crane bearing 1.jpg

crane operator

Had to have a little help to set the new far piece on the bridge. Was supposed to be 2,500lbs, I had 4,000 on the scale. So we walked a zero turn down the other side and tandem picked it into place.

20201021_130410.jpg 20201021_141856.jpg 20201021_161648.jpg 20201021_162315.jpg

crane operator

Rock crusher that needed a new liner. The liner's are epoxied into place, and supposedly with release agent, so you can knock them back apart and put new liner in.

No release agent. Banged on it with excavator for a hour or two. No hammer on site, the only hammer they have is backhoe mounted. Couldn't get any large excavator with hammer moved in, so I had the guys bring the winch truck, we loaded up the upper piece and hauled it to a breaker. It didn't budge in a couple hours of hammering either. They carbon gouged a little on it, and called it a day.

Brought back a bigger welder, and we moved it to the shop, they had to cut it into 5 pieces to get the liner out. Previously someone let the liner get too worn, and it has a void in the case. With that void filled with expoy, there's no driving it out, no matter how big of a hammer.

New liner is in, and they should be running by monday.

20201022_092402.jpg 20201022_103710.jpg 20201022_161055.jpg 20201024_094701.jpg