• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

crane operator

I don't know how much fuel is left, but it might be worth it to do an algaecide treatment instead of draining the tank(s).

I dumped a container of that in the tank before it left N. Carolina. I figured it could agitate in the tank all the way here. I'll have to get it running to get it off the trailer, then I figured I could disconnect the fuel lines, and maybe blow back to the tanks any crud in the lines?

All this expert consulting and the first pics I see are on the forum.....? Lol

Your consulting fee check is in the mail. Seriously though- thanks, I appreciate the help.

Something real heavy going on top?

Oh yeah, its going to be fun.

Very nice unit, should be pleased with that as is a small package. The mechanics/millwrights that used the Liebherr at the plant said it spoiled them. Only thing they screwed the pooch on first off on the plant crane was twin winches, two hooks, to stick out had to swap back and forth to lower both hooks as were independent and could not run both same time, they two blocked the sheeps head sheared cable and dropped the compound block. Had been a whole three weeks on site.

Its pretty complicated machine. I studied the book pretty hard on Saturday night, and by sunday noon I think I could have made a pick. It helps I've been around AT's before, they are their own deal.
Don't talk about messing up the machine either, that's in my head too.

Last edited:

crane operator

Nice looking machine :) I hope it treats you well

Nice looking crane. You won't know yourself with that, they're certainly a step up in comfort, chart and maneuverability from the old truck mounts.

Thanks guys. I've been looking for quite a while. I was really hot to buy one a year ago, and a lot of the projects I was looking at didn't happen last year, so I was glad I hadn't. Let's hope this works out.

A big thank you to Impact too. He sent me a link to the crane I ended up with. We had been talking about what I wanted and he spotted the ad for it and sent me a link, so thank you to Impact.

The lower cab has a pile of buttons on the control console. I feel a little like Captain Kirk, and say " engage warp drive" when I release the brakes and hit the "D" button. I hear Scotty in the background too "I'm giving her all she's got captain- she won't take much more!"

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
We've had a little rain, so I think we are ok. I just would rather fix things at the shop if there's any way. If we had been any further away, I would have probably drug it up on my rollback trailer instead of driving, it was leaking pretty fast.

Hope I didn't come across too harsh just had a close call one time and it was not even oil on the road. Was getting on the throttle coming up a hill near here with a curve in it half way up. When the bike slid about a foot sideways. Lucky did not highside.

I was trying to understand what had happened when I started gaining on a truck up ahead and noticed the water tank valve was dripping just a bit of water on the road. That little bit of water along with the normal crud in the center of the lane is all it took! I do watch the road a lot closer now days!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Good on all air
Have seen the mixed set ups not do so good
Hansen First trip into CO on that Wolf Creek pass cross wife got to see her first snow tunnel
Was really cool out and as we got to the entry Diamond sign “Caution May be Icy In Tunnel” had forgotten that and us on two wheels luckily only wet

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Thought of you when I saw it for sale. Hopefully since we have the same basic crane we can help if you get stumped. But don’t see you getting stumped.

I would suggest learning how to retract or extend the boom in emergency mode. It is a definate learning process. Our would have to retract in emergency mode monthly when we first got it. When the extend cylinder went out, we replaced all the prox switches while it was apart. It seldom happens now.

I think you will be happy with it.

crane operator

But don’t see you getting stumped.

Shoot, I'm stuck already. It showed up late today, and it started on the trailer and built up air, but it won't go in gear. Just blinks on the pushbutton. No "R", No "D" just "N" which stands for a whole lot of "N"uthin.

I rolled it off the trailer, and we drug it around back with the old winch truck (winch truck doesn't have any blinky lights, just shove the old lever in gear and go).

Oh well, at least its here. The fun begins tomorrow, after I do a little crane work with one of the ones that works. :)

Last edited:

hvy 1ton

umped a container of that in the tank before it left N. Carolina. I figured it could agitate in the tank all the way here. I'll have to get it running to get it off the trailer, then I figured I could disconnect the fuel lines, and maybe blow back to the tanks any crud in the lines?

I've never had a tank get bad, but this stuff is supposed to help after putting in enough algaecide to kill it.

https://powerservice.com/psp_product/clear-diesel-fuel-tank-cleaner/

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
What manuals did you get with it? May have instructions to bring up codes for faults. Would hate to consider, and you may hate me, but sitting so long it may have copper cancer. Bad connection(s) or a bad inline diode that just decided to pop, Usually the only time these throw up is when one first moves a long time stored machine.

crane operator

What manuals did you get with it? May have instructions to bring up codes for faults. Would hate to consider, and you may hate me, but sitting so long it may have copper cancer. Bad connection(s) or a bad inline diode that just decided to pop, Usually the only time these throw up is when one first moves a long time stored machine.

I've got more manuals than you could shake a stick at. The error code comes up as lost communication between the TCU (I'm assuming thats the transmission controller) and the transmission. Then the trans defaults to neutral. The book suggests a loose wire or connection between the two, or the TCU has failed. Tomorrow, if I have time, I'm going to do a little connection fiddling.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Glad you found what you were looking for.It looks like a great crane, they all have a few bugs to work out when you first get them “ even the new ones” I’m sure this unit will open up a whole new market for you.
You might have to learn to speak German,
Good luck.

crane operator

Well I guess I was on the news last night. One of the guys said his wife was listening to the "storm" coverage.

" Whoever is working by the ferris wheel with a crane needs to get that boom down now. This is a serious storm rolling in."

Anyways, we were holding one of the pieces and its like a 2 hour weld job to stick them in, and we were a hour into it. I kept thinking it was going to go west and north of us. It didn't.

I shoved the 10k forklift underneath it, they had 2 sides welded out good. And I got unhooked and boom out of the air while the tornado sirens were going off. Just in time. It got a little rough here in town a little wind and a lot of rain, but nothing serious. Couple small towns got nailed with some wind damage.

crane operator

Set some more roof steel at the lumberyard building, then went to work on one of their outbuildings. I love it when the truss pile is 95' away. But I got by only setting up once, so that worked out.

20190426_093122.jpg 20190426_104700.jpg 20190426_104952.jpg 20190426_151724.jpg