• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just curious about Timber Ax/Carbide Cutters, ect..

Digdeep

Well then, according to the folks I know here in my area they should still be working on it because they overheat just as much as they did before...stacked radiator, oil cooler and A/C condensor, no belly pan for ease of clean out, ride that beats the crap out of you, track derailment, etc.

Heck, the T320 Kubota engine is still only Tier II when everyone else is running at least Tier III.

mrfixit77845

loftness timber axe

I have a timber axe extreme hydraulic mounted on my bob cat s250 hf and it is great i have no issues except over heat on machine every now and then when the air intake gets clogged with pine needles , leaves etc 30 min job to lift oil cooler and clean real good. maintenance is easy enuff greasing as required. the teeth now cost 65 ea x 12 and 55 ea x 2 and takes about an hour with an impact, when i need to it will drop a 6in tree and leave mulch and chips in it's wake. which gets bigger as it dulls but i keep it out of rocks etc and dirt as much as possible. I did learn right offf the bat to change the front door out from glass to a 700.00 upgrade 3/4 in lexan as the glass door disappeared in a second when it caught a piece of fence or some thing i was lucky thaat day

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
Excavating Contractor 30 + Yrs.
Have Had Good Service With Fecon 74 On A Cat 279C & Case 450 Series 3 . No Over Heating Problems . Never Operate Without Proper Lexan Door !!! Thinking Of Buying A Fecon For A 160 size Excavator .

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Have Had Good Service With Fecon 74 On A Cat 279C & Case 450 Series 3 . No Over Heating Problems . Never Operate Without Proper Lexan Door !!! Thinking Of Buying A Fecon For A 160 size Excavator .

I finally ordered a demo door for my CASE 465. Aside from the safety aspect, the $350.00 per issue got a little old.

I run a Tushogg and the asphalt type teeth that they use have some great advantages in the rock dirt (you can mill asphalt with this attachment if you wanted to), the down side is its not effecient at processing material. The mulch is a little stringy.