• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just bought a Cat 303.5E

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
Well I bought my first Excavator. It a new to me Cat 303.5E. (2016?) Very clean machine with 4700 hrs. I know its after the fact but i'd like to know pros and cons and what to look for going forward. I'd also like to find parts, service and operators manuals.
It did not come with a thumb (which I need to move a boulder pile) so I'm looking for some specs on that in case I find a used one. Also looking for a small smooth bucket.
ID No. CAT3035EPRKY01501

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'd also like to find parts, service and operators manuals.
Prices are for new manuals
O&M - SEBU8746 - $49 on CD, $57 in paper
Parts - SEBP5957 - $109 on CD, $156 in paper
Service - UENR1580 (will contain the O&M manual if it is complete) $800 on CD, $1125 in paper

Search the usual internet marketplace suspects but beware of sellers proud of their used prices.........

Here is a discounted (genuine) Parts Manual. You might ask the same seller about an O&M.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If all is well with the machine it maybe a good time to time cylinders - tracks, equipment creep - engine revolutions - slew speed. Note the information as when it goes wrong you will have a very good reference.
Kind regards
Uffex

azvacs

Occupation
Both paper and CD versions of service manuals sold by the supplier I linked above contain the O&M Manual. You don't have to order it separately.
I don't want to sound like an idiot but O&M?
Owners and Maintenance? Operation and Maintenance?

azvacs

Occupation
Good day
If all is well with the machine it maybe a good time to time cylinders - tracks, equipment creep - engine revolutions - slew speed. Note the information as when it goes wrong you will have a very good reference.
Kind regards
Uffex
Time cylinders? Track, equipment creep?engine revolution?
Slew speed? Is that english? What in the world are you asking? I've been around but some of those terms are new to me....:rolleyes:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Time cylinders? Track, equipment creep?engine revolution?
Slew speed? Is that english? What in the world are you asking? I've been around but some of those terms are new to me....:rolleyes:
Cylinder cycle times, track speeds, cylinder drift, engine speeds at low and high idle. All the parameters that it makes sense to have a baseline number for if you ever get into diagnostics further down the road.

I’m sure this isn’t your first machine but somewhat amazed that you knew nothing about the terminology.

azvacs

Occupation
Cylinder cycle times, track speeds, cylinder drift, engine speeds at low and high idle. All the parameters that it makes sense to have a baseline number for if you ever get into diagnostics further down the road.

I’m sure this isn’t your first machine but somewhat amazed that you knew nothing about the terminology.
It is not my first machine and I've operated and owned a few pieces of equipment. It makes sense to have this info going forward for diagnostics. I will gather as much of this as i can when i take possession later this week. And don't be too amazed, there are a lot of things I'm still learning. 63 years and I still don't know it all....

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Attached some help, make a complete inspection you can get to know a lot about the machine by making a through inspection. Any point's you need clarification come back will try to help.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Inspection Prptocol.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 18

azvacs

Occupation
Good day
Attached some help, make a complete inspection you can get to know a lot about the machine by making a through inspection. Any point's you need clarification come back will try to help.
Kind regards
Uffex
WOW Great information. Thank you