• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JUST ASK Which better Heli Or Hangcha Forklift If You Have to Choose

rondig

Occupation
excavation
Wow that is like asking which is better horse crap or cow crap.....well they are both crap but a lot cheaper then the hay that goes in them.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I don't want to be a party pooper, but let's not let things get out of hand here. Keep in mind we're an international forum and language barriers are a real thing. :cool:

Occupation
Forklift dealer
No, just saying, keep things on track with the spirit of Heavy Equipment Forums or I'll shut this thread down.
just wanna see how members in HEF think about china forklift brand, esepacilly two biggest Brand in China, also in the world. By the way, my english isn't good.

rondig

Occupation
excavation
Well chinese heavy equipment....had never been a big hit in north america...they are way behind in their technology...and in there safety equipment....for instance they do not have counter balance valves in the lift system. No chain ratings...and no csa rating on electrical...so i am not against trying chinese equipment for low time/ budget minded places....but as front line equipment...chinese manufacturing has a way too go....it is not just labor costs that make american equipment expensive...it is safety stuff...parts networks...service networks...litigation...and most importantly reliability...

Occupation
Forklift dealer
Well chinese heavy equipment....had never been a big hit in north america...they are way behind in their technology...and in there safety equipment....for instance they do not have counter balance valves in the lift system. No chain ratings...and no csa rating on electrical...so i am not against trying chinese equipment for low time/ budget minded places....but as front line equipment...chinese manufacturing has a way too go....it is not just labor costs that make american equipment expensive...it is safety stuff...parts networks...service networks...litigation...and most importantly reliability...
thank for your opinion

PLupton1

Folks - Chinese forklifts are NOT equal to North American trucks. The Hancha truck (5000# LPG model) does have a Nissan engine...but it has a Hangcha transmission, Hangcha mast (using Chinese steel), Hangcha steer axles using Chinese steel, and Chinese wearables (bearings, bushings, cylinders, etc.). These components on other Chinese trucks have failed prematurely, over and over again. If someone wants a new truck to work a couple of times a week, ok, then buy one, or buy a used main brand unit from a long-time dealer. Simply put, Chinese trucks will not match North American equipment for performance over time, reliability, and lowest cost of ownership. Low capital price is always a trap that does not end well.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Used Chinese forklifts here are scrap value - but a 50 year old Clark or Yale forklift still brings good money. That speaks volumes for old Clark and Yale build quality and design.

The problem with Chinese forklifts have been outlined well by rondig. I could add Chinese bearings are also part of their problems. Steel quality and hardness is seriously lacking in Chinese bearings.

Then there's the failure to provide good quality operation and repair manuals written in excellent English. Surely the forklift companies in China can afford to get these produced and checked for accuracy and quality?