• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just a reminder

Moonlite

Watch for them snakes. Had a rattler about 3ft long 10 ft or so from my yard gate. Took care of it though.

sheepfoot

Know the feeling, I wear snake chaps often, sometimes over my hip boots. They issue them to us at work, so if you get bit and your not wearing your PPE it could be a problem. Seems like I am seeing 8-15 a week lately, some nice and some not so nice !.

FSERVICE

Know the feeling, I wear snake chaps often, sometimes over my hip boots. They issue them to us at work, so if you get bit and your not wearing your PPE it could be a problem. Seems like I am seeing 8-15 a week lately, some nice and some not so nice !.

I make ALL of them good snakes;)

Old Doug

I have been working at a farm were they have seen alot of them. Last week their dog got bit on the head and lived.The last day i hauled a combine and a truck that were in the weeds.The truck was seating on the ground sunk up to the frame. I didnt know how i was going to get hooked on to it but i finely hooked throw the holes in the budd wheels. I left evey thing runing hopeing that would keep them out of my trucks.

Last edited:

jughead

Occupation
retired
timber rattlers seem to be showing up in my area the last few years. 3-4 feet i have seen and just "heard" of a 6 footer a few miles south of me. only saw 3 or 4 when growing up last few years seem to be a lot more and much bigger.

Old Doug

We have been hauling scrap Iron from a old quarry for about 3 weeks. Today 2 rattlers got killed. The first one got smashed by the graple bucket while i was moveing some tin i saw him. We were geting ready to leave and was looking at what was left my brother spoted one that was under the tire pile were i had got some truck tires earlyer. I was gathering up tires to be cut off the rim with the tv380 and i must have set one on him.

Old Doug

This week we found 2 copperheads. The first one my brother was useing a graple bucket to dig steel out of dirt piles. He dumped a bucket load were i was hand sorting and he had one in the bucket. Friday it was cold low 50s and raining. I was loading steel in the 380s bucket and figured i would stackup some car rims that had tires on them.I stood 1 up to roll it and there he was.I got back on the 380 and rolled him around.I have about half a days work there and that job will be done. It was luck or a greater power that every snake i was close to was pointed away from me when i found them.It would have been a good ideal to have done that job in cooled weather but because of so much steel being mixed in dirt and rock piles we would have never been able to get a 1/4 of what we hauled if the ground was frozen.

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
Hopefully you'll never encounter a 18' 350lb Burmese Python, we have quite a few of them here in South Florida. You can make a lot of belts, boots, wallets, rifle slings etc etc, with a 18' 350lb Python!!!

mitch504

When my family moved back to the US after living for 3 years in the jungle near Blackawatra, Surinam, my aunt and uncle had a big dinner for us. My uncle killed about a 6 foot black racer that morning and layed it out across his front steps. My mother came walking up the walk with her arms full of food and stepped over it. She walked in the house and said: "There's a little snake on the steps, but it's ok, it's not poisonous".

My uncle was crushed.

After seeing an anaconda or 2 a month for 3 yrs, she just wasn't interested in 6' snakes.