• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just a few pictures.

bigshow

-5* F. Got to preheat the fittings or she won't take grease.
DSC00248.JPG

Pumping out the cell for the last pier, there are just as many pumps for the other cell.
DSC00250.JPG

I think we got our moneys worth out of this undercarriage.
DSC00283.JPG

I think we're putting enough grease to it....
DSC00278.JPG

I had this backhoe when it was just about new, I kept it immaculate, not a scratch on it. Here she is 8,500 hrs. later. She's still a good backhoe.
DSC00249.JPG

bigshow

All the family was tuckered out after Disney so my Father-in-law and I went to the BIG ONE in Orlando.
DSC00405.JPG
DSC00374.JPG
DSC00375.JPG
DSC00376.JPG
DSC00383.JPG

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
IN message #71 third picture down. I'll bet bigshow would like to have a talk with the operator of that machine:mad:

I would steer clear of that one. If they operate it like that how do they take care of the service on the machine.

Seeing all that equipment in one place for auction makes me wonder if more equipment is on the block than actually out there working and making money?

Last edited:

bigshow

Jim, no they weren't, I hit the bottom with a rattle can just to ease my mind. If it wasn't so cold I would sand it down, mask it off, and paint what needed paint.

Hansen, I have never been to an auction of this size, one thing that was blatantly obvious- This is where everyone peddles their JUNK iron. I never seen so many DuPont overhauls in my life, and crappy ones at that. Paint right over dirt, garbage, holes, it was unreal. I think that hoe fell off a trailer, it had road rash pretty bad, but to drive around down there, I think more iron was out working. It sure isn't like New York, there is work and cranes EVERYWHERE.

Bullpuncher

On the road but own a house in Gainesville, Florid
Occupation
Construction Quality Assurrance
It is prime auction time down in Florida this time of year. There is an auction going on pretty much every day from Super Bowl sunday all the way to the first week of March. Between Alex Lyons, Ritchie Brothers, and Yoder & Frey. These are national auctions so people drag stuff from across the US down to them and alot of times the sellers will shuffle unsold gear from auction to auction hoping to not have to drag it back home. There was double that much gear at all of them in 2008 & 2009 when everybody was bailing out. Alot of iron that gets sold in Florida this time of year goes to the islands or south america due to the fact that these auctions are within 3 hours of 3 major ports.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
to drive around down there, I think more iron was out working. It sure isn't like New York, there is work and cranes EVERYWHERE.

Well all the roads and bridges up here are in such great shape they don't need any work;)

On grade

Small world Bigshow ..... I was wandering around the excavators and cranes at the sale that Monday morning , while they were selling the tele handlers and rubber tired backhoes . Mostly just checking things out . Amazing how much gear is at that one sale alone , let alone all the other auctions . Hard to believe that the prices stay up as well as they do ! Takes alot of buyers .....It was beautiful weather down there though :)

bigshow

We must have walked right by each other then, we were there while they were running the last few telehandlers through. My father-in-law has been in the market for a 312 so we checked a few out, mostly painted up junk. We were down for a week and only one day did I see a cloud in the sky.

On grade

Ha ha ....yeah I was up to the same thing . A few were obviously demo machines ... They were destroyed. Also a couple from an environmental outfit that should have been scraped lol