• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jump Starter Pack

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Hi all, I am looking at replacing my blue point jump starter and am wondering what you are using these days .
Should I stick with the large battery type or these newer cigarette pack size jump starters.
All comments taken on board and appreciated
Mark

Jonas302

Just so you know the batterys can be replaced if thats the only problem

Bill Edwards

The little lithium units are quite amazing, but from what I've seen of them so far tractors/heavy plant are too much for them. You need a decent jump pack with one or two batteries inside it to get the real work done.

New batteries are sometimes the way forward if yours is tired, you'll find that they've come on a bit as well and you can get higher capacity in the same sized battery, which makes for a nice upgrade on the older units.
For example, the old units with 1000a, 1500a and 1700a capacity all seem to use a battery with the same physical size, I've just bought two with a capacity of 1800a - things have come on a bit.