• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Joy Stick Cap Removal

davis1676

Occupation
facilities supervisor
How does this Controller Handle come off this thing. I dont want to tear up the handle. The old one just screws off but this one has the pull up spring loaded handle on top and I am not familar with it.

Attachments

• joystick jlg.jpg
    joystick jlg.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 254

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The very top knob should unscrew CCW. Once it's removed, there's a snap ring on the stem that holds the spring and bottom portion of knob to stem.

barklee

I am drawing a very annoying blank right now....... i think i did one of these last year and the top cap wouldnt un screw and i had to stick something in that hole in the top side, this locked the inner sleeve (i think)...... or something like that! I just remember this being a problem

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Come on barklee, you're not helping, really dig in that head of yours and remember the trick. :yup

barklee

Willie, this head has exceeded max capacity!!! Smoke is rolling trying to think back......

barklee

Nothing left to dish....... But i do remember having to stuff a small allen wrench in there to keep something locked. Maybe it was my imagination thinking i had to do that.....

davis1676

Occupation
facilities supervisor
i stuck a small screwdriver in the cap hole and unscrew cap while it still has the screwdriver in the hole.

davis1676

Occupation
facilities supervisor
It was a JLG 450A manlift. This type toggle may be used on other models not sure.

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Thank you!
The only reason I ask is I am compiling a list of odd things to undo like this... haha might come in handy one day... ;)

Last edited: