• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Johndeer 325a skid steer injection pump timeing

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Hey guys. Looking for some good way to reinstall the separate injector pumps on the power tech motor , serial is A137637. Well motor had been putting lil engine oil into the coolant, it was not the typical grey color after mixed, it was just spots of burnt motor oil threw out it. So I replaced oil cooler, an turbo since it was sloppy with lil oil too an bad bearings,an led to far as pulling the head off an sent to machine shop, then reinstalled head an installed the injection pumps an broken the number 4 one when installed, 900$ later from dear an ready to try again. Looked on line an saw a video on how to do it, seems like a lot of work. Was hopeing someone has found a better way to retime the pumps to the fuel rack.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
There is no model 325A. Do you mean 325 with the 5030 engine? The "A" in the serial is a variation code (single speed vs two speed, etc).

If so, there is no easy way to adjust those pumps. The adjustment requires some special measuring tools. Plus, if not adjusted to the tight tolerance difference between pumps, then running issues will occur, especially with the 5030 vs the 4024.

This video does a fairly good job of explaining the procedure. I do have a slightly shorter way of performing the procedure, but unfortunately it is too hard to explain. I know he talks about rotating the engine "X" amount of degrees for each pump adjustment, however, the important takeaway here is to just make sure the lifter for each pump to be adjusted is at its lowest point in the bore (least spring tension on pump). The only change I would make to the video is, at around the 12:30 mark, I would set the injection pump deflection to a tighter tolerance of .0.0005" (half of what they are showing)(and, yes, that is 5/10,000 or 1/2 of a thousands), then allow 0.0005" deflection either way when tightening the hold down screw.