• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere Pull Scraper Problem

IRON_ACES

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Industry Consultant
We have a John Deere 1810E Auto Load Pull Type Scraper (Serial Number T81810E 080470) it is being pulled by a Challenger MT965C 4wd tractor.

Problem: The apron on the scraper opens up powerfully and quickly but when it reaches its full opening and the ejector begins to push forward, the ejector has limited power and speed. Does anyone have any ideas?

ol'stonebreaker

Occupation
retired
No hyd expert, but my guess is a valve problem, a restriction in hoses or pipes, or the piston seals in the cyl(s) are leaking oil around them. An easy way to diagnose the leaking piston seals is to chain the ejector so the cyls are halfway thru their stroke. Then with valve held in position for the ejector to push, use a non contact thermometer to read temps on the cyl in the area over the piston and areas away from the piston. If they're leaking you'll see a temperature rise over the piston.
Mike

hvy 1ton

My guesses would be sequencer valve or cylinder bypass. Shouldn't be too hard to bypass the sequencer valve and run the ejector directly and see if things improve.

jrbramirez09

i have a 1810e JD scraper pan that im having trouble with the gate and door ,gate will go al the way forward and door up but cannot retract any of the 2 i had thought i was airlocked but i wasnt also changed both valves in valve body any help or ideas?