• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John deere low fuel pressure 319d

porschetmc

Hi guys,
I have a 2010 JD 319d. It has been throwing codes 94.18 and 94.04 which are low fuel pressure codes. Once one of those codes come up it will start to derate the machine. If I pull of the sensor (by the fuel separator) the engine will not derate. I changed the inline filter and the water separator but has not fixed the problem. I also replaced the sensor. If you run it without the sensor on it will run fine until you are running at high rpms, then it slowly drop rpm until you let off the pedal for a bit.

Has anyone had this issue? Could there be a dirty screen in the tank?

Thanks for the help,

tim

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hi guys,
I have a 2010 JD 319d. It has been throwing codes 94.18 and 94.04 which are low fuel pressure codes. Once one of those codes come up it will start to derate the machine. If I pull of the sensor (by the fuel separator) the engine will not derate. I changed the inline filter and the water separator but has not fixed the problem. I also replaced the sensor. If you run it without the sensor on it will run fine until you are running at high rpms, then it slowly drop rpm until you let off the pedal for a bit.

Has anyone had this issue? Could there be a dirty screen in the tank?

Thanks for the help,

tim
Look at you fuel filter head .The pressure sensor is mounted in it .If you have a clog in it it will cause this .Also if dirt and debris are clogging the hand primer check valve .I have ran into this many times .Also if you are using a paper inline fuel you will get low fuel pressure .I have see them rung out like towel.

Hi guys
I'm working on a John Deere 319D I overhauled engine, replaced all filters and oil, replaced cam and crank sensors, fuel transfer pump, T check valve and many other things like erasing all the codes stored
I have been trying to start it but without luck, I already checked if diesel was getting it to the injectors but not, just the first pump it's pumping diesel and the other 3 are not, has someone had the same problem??

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Cesar;)!

Next time please start your own thread instead of hijacking another.

Serial number of the machine?

Why was the engine overhauled?

Did any codes return after cranking? Were the fuel lines replaced? Were the injectors and/or pumps replaced?
So many questions:eek:

I'm sorry but I didn't know how to start a new thread LOL. SERIAL# 1T0319DAJA0190806
I overhauled because I thought that it was the problem that didn't want to start. Ok injectors and pumps are the same. I checked fuel lines and are fine, I installed and extra fuel electric pump temporary to see if it was the problem and nothing happens. Thank you for your reply

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I overhauled because I thought that it was the problem that didn't want to start.

Do you have a list of codes from when you purchased it? If so post them.

Does the engine crank at 250 rpm or higher? Can watch that in the monitor.

Did you watch fuel pressure in the monitor (in service mode only)?

You might have to get someone with diagnostic equipment to connect up to it. There are many things that can prevent it from starting. Would like to rule out anything electrical/electronic.

100.03 is a problem with the engine oil pressure sensor or it's wiring, but that shouldn't prevent you from starting. Even if you had no oil pressure the logic in the software would allow the engine to run for 30 seconds at a time.

Did you reuse the pumps and injectors? I would not have. Install new O-rings when installed?

When you assembled the engine did you collapse the lifters? If not then the pushrods may be bent (or a valve).

Was the cam timing checked with the proper tools (which would have had to been purchased from Deere)? Cam gears on those engines have a nasty habit of turning on the cam (they are not keyed).

John Deere 319D
S/N 1T0319DAJA0190806

ECU 1569.31 Engine power derate condition exist
*ECU 100.03 Engine oil pressure input

voltage problem*
ECU 637.10 Crankshaft position signal rate of change abnormal
ECU 637.08 Crankshaft sensor signal missing
ECU 637.07 Crankshaft position out of sync
ECU 636.10 Crankshaft signal rate of change missing
ECU 636.02 Crankshaft sensor invalid
ECU 110.03 Engine Coolant out of range extremely high
ECU 636.08 Crankshaft sensor missing
ECU 637.02 Crankshaft signal invalid
ECU 105.00 Intake manifold temperature too high
ECU 105.04 Intake manifold no signal
ECU 105.16 intake manifold
ECU 94.18 low pressure fuel
ECU Engine Coolant temperature high
ECU 1110.31 Engine protection shut down.
EMU 158.01
ECU 1713.00
I installed new lifters and check pushrods and are fine

I reused inyectores and pumps and yes I replaced o rings on pumps. I forgot to tell you that the first pump it's pumping diesel but with no pressure, I thought that the other 3 where damage but then I removed the first one and swhiched for another one from the others and Still the same, just the first one it's pumping diesel but with no pressure

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Quite the laundry list of codes:eek:.

Lets start with fuel pressure. What is your fuel pressure while cranking? Make sure your battery is good and you have 250 rpm while cranking. If you key on, press and hold menu button for 5 seconds a pop up will display "Service Menu". Scroll to diagnostics press enter, scroll to sensors and press enter then scroll to fuel pressure and press enter. Fuel pressure needs to be 20-25 psi when cranking. If the monitor screen resets when you crank then you will have to plug in a gauge at the sensor port.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
What happens if RPM are lower than 250?

Cam sensor can give erroneous readings causing the engine to be difficult to start. So try and use a jump box or something to get cranking speed up.

Does it smoke at all when cranking?

Fuel pressure 28psi

Excellent!
Now place a clear plastic line between the fuel return line and the fuel tank. Make sure the line has a vertical loop in it and is clamped well as to not allow air to infiltrate it. Bleed the fuel system to fill it with fuel. Then have someone crank the engine and watch the tube to see if there are air bubbles running through it while cranking.

cjlayser

Welcome to HEF Jdoutdoor08;)!

Greater than 7 psi cranking. Greater than 25 psi with the engine running.
Have one that is 25 psi at idle but drops to 21 at full throttle and throws 94.18 and puts machine in derate. Any ideas? New lift pump and pressure sensor.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Can u find out AT WHAT PSI it derates at and maybe lower it a smidge.??
Depending on how long the run is from the fuel tank to the supply pump and inj pump, I’ve seen long runs where the rubber line gets sucked down..& throws that code..