• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere Loader-backhoe Oil Pressure Lamp activity

ylekyote

My first loader/backhoe ever, JD 310E. Previously had a New Holland CTL for about a year...that was my first construction machine. Just accepted backhoe from dealer two days ago. Didn't do this when I inspected it at dealer location, but dealer had warmed it up when I specifically asked them to let it sit icecold until I arrived to inspect.

I let it sit for 36 hours after I accepted delivery and started it this morning, about 32 degrees F. Started fine, and at lowest idle (1,000rpm) everything was fine. As I pressed the fuel pedal the Low Oil Pressure Light illuminated at 1,100 RPM and stayed on if increased above that point. It stayed on for almost 20 minutes if revved above 1,000 rpm. I checked it every 3-5 minutes to see what it would do, and for how long. At 20 minutes it went off, but it came back on upon me revving it to 2300rpm and then went off again and stayed off after that, regardless of the RPMs. I'm letting it sit for a couple of hours to check it again when cool but not ice cold. It's about 40 degress F today.

Is any of this normal age operation for a 1999 310E with 4,500 hours. Suggestions to troubleshot further? Thanks!

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
Work the machine until the temp. is up. The light for my hydraulics will come on at higher rpm until they are warmed up. First time I noticed it I tried a new filter to see it reducing friction would help but no difference. I expect it's just thick oil.

ylekyote

Thanks. I'm dumb and lazy this morning! I didn't look long enough before posting forum question.

It's the Hyd Oil Pressure lamp, not the engine oil lamp. I found an operators manual online for a G model. It says normal to come on when cold and should go off when fluid warms up. Nice!

Link to manual below. Not sure why JD doesn't have an E model online too.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMT166698_19/OMT166698_19.htm

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
If it's real cold out lift the back tires off the ground stick in gear to warm up but don't get tangled up in the wheel when you get out.