• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere A/C issue

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
I’m helping a friend with his John Deere 333G. The AC was acting intermittently on a hot summer day and I figured it was probably a low refrigerant issue. When I opened up the machine, I found the compressor was never engaging. I disconnected the power plug and was never able to read 12 volts with the machine running and toggling the AC switch. When I put 12v manually into the clutch I can hear it engage. I checked the fuse and it is fine. I tried finding the relay, but no luck. Do any of you know where this is or have the full wiring schematic? Or perhaps any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
I had a gauge on it on the low pressure side and it was high, but the compressor was not running at the time, so I figured that was normal. When I hot wired it I heard the clutch engage, but I was not running the engine at the time. I did not want to force it to do something if a safety system was preventing it.

Serial is 1T0333GMEMF393914

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
Well I looked over the schematic and I was hoping to find a hidden relay somewhere I didn’t know about, but that does not appear to be the case. Looks like I have a freeze switch to check and a high pressure switch to check. Do you happen to have diagram that shows where these are? Looks like the High Pressure Switch is B9 and the Freeze switch is B10. Thank you!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
B9 is just behind the HVAC unit, in the engine compartment, left side of the machine. B10 is next to the blower motor in the blower box. Check your messages.