• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 813E won’t throttle up

Mother Deuce

Have a throttle issue on a 813E “hands only” machine. The dial up throttle is unresponsive as is the foot pedal. The machine has the soft key for deceleration or acceleration. It says it is enabled. I suspect it has a throttle motor and I have a fuse issue. However I am just guessing. I have the operator manual. It identifies the fuses however it does not show a fuse for the throttle. Anybody has any experience with this?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Do you mean a 318E? Serial number would help. Do you have any codes? Both the dial and the foot pedal have to be returned fully to the idle position before you can idle up the engine, even after a key cycle. So make sure your dial and especially the pedal are returned all the way to the idle position. With no foot/hand throttle operation with no codes, then check the ECU connectors for moisture. Get yourself some electronic contact cleaner and clean out the ECU connections. Also moisture getting into the electrical connector for the foot pedal has been an issue as well with no codes. So clean that as well.

If you hold the menu button for 5 seconds and enter the service mode, then scroll to diagnostics, you will be able to see both the foot and hand throttle positions.

Mother Deuce

So first thing this morning the lowboy showed up with another skid steer and took the Deere to the shop. The funny thing is after a whole shift of no throttle yesterday it started at half throttle this morning. You could dial the throttle open however it only stay there a couple seconds and it would return to half throttle. The foot pedal was all the way up and in unresponsive. I sent your information to our master mechanic. I really appreciate the help...it remains in quarantine tonight.

Mother Deuce

I got to the shop yesterday and our wrench smiled and walked over and grabbed the foot pedal module and said to tell you “ you were right.” Replaced the pedal, problem solved. The pedal was done, about half travel and suffering the effects of wet concrete exposure. Thanks again!!