• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 7775 Questions

derekbroerse

Looking at a John Deere 7775. Seller says it was made by New Holland for JD. Does anyone know if that is true? If so, what is the model of the equivellent NH? Can't find much info on the Deere version.

Anyone have experience with these?

Deereman

JD8875

I have a 95 8875 with 2900 hours on it that I absolutely love. Only maintenance issue I've had was a leaking hydrostat charge pressure sensor and a tired starter. Its easy on fuel and an absolute workhorse.

John

Deereman

Sounds like my luck.
Yes JD8875. They were a decent machine. We had one rented way back when we had our 6675 and it was a stout machine. The only bad thing about it was right before we let it go back something in the pumps went shot?? Still was a monster compared to the 6675..

weelman

The JD7775 skid steer was built by new Holland I guess you could say actually it was built by ford for John deere and it doesn't have a jd engine in it it has a yanmar engine in it I have been looking for a used engine for one for a little while now and found a partial rebuild kit but it didn't come with bearings or thrust washer and a few other things only gaskets pistons and rings and I called jd and they told me it was a yanmar engine

Welder Dave

Ford never made their own skid steers. Up until a few years ago Yanmar made the JD compact tractors so they were in bed for a quite a while. You never saw a lot of the older (90's) NH or JD skid steers on construction sites. They were more a farm machine with a longer wheelbase for better lifting. The big thing to check is if you can see the bucket cutting edge while sitting in the seat. The original NH skid steers, you sat down into them and couldn't see squat. Not good when you're trying to do precision grading which is where skid steers really shine.