• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 690LC low hydraulic power

HydraulicGuy

Serial # DW690EL536528

wondering if anyone has encountered this issue...
when in PR mode and I engine mode I have so much hydraulic power I can stall engine. Which tells me my horsepower control on pump isn’t working properly because you shouldn’t be able to stall the engine.
When any other work mode or engine mode is selected high idle, I have almost no hydraulic power. When in the heavy work modes my pressure on pump won’t build past 900 psi. When at the low idle mode I can see my reliefs are all set to 5,200 psi, I have 500 psi to shift spools. My pump is within the tolerance and isn’t bypassing internally. The LS pressure differential is 490 psi which is spec. The service manual dose for give me specs for checking voltage on pump displacement solenoid. I have ran through the self check on the computer in cab. Everything checks out fine there, shows that the pump displacement solenoid is working properly. Any other ideas? I feel like I’ve checked about everything on this machine. All ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Check your engine speeds in each mode. Make sure they are spot on. Also check speed control linkage at the fuel injection pump for slop/wear. Also check your charging system voltage. Check both the voltage in DC (for overcharge and undercharge) and AC (should be less than 0.5 V AC) at the alternator output.