• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

john deere 690 E LC comments

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
thinking of buying a john deere 690 e lc for farm dirt work (ditch digging, tree killing, and some trenching for tile. I have a 12 yard scraper and box scaper and a few tractors. What do you guys think of the 690 e lc or do you have any other ideas? I just find that 690 e lc's are very common here in nebraska and i could get filters and other stuff right from my john deere dealer. Another idea would be a john deere 200 lc newer model more money but is it worth it.

I don't have much idea about this model but based here on these comments and based on my research, the 690ELC is a great machine.

Kemazz

Occupation
Hydraulics
Hello,
The first thing that I would check is the case drain flow after you are having this problem. If the pump is failing or the drive motors are doing the same the case flow will be high. I believe that you would need to find your case drain and install at least a 30 gal. site flow meter inline with this port or hose. If you are getting anything over 7 or 8 gal per minute I'm afraid that your main pump is on its way out. Please email me direct to prosourcehydraulics@gmail.com. This email goes right to my phone, I can help you out if you need your pump looked at.
Keith

Kemazz

Occupation
Hydraulics
Ive just rebuilt another customers pump from a farm that was from a John Deere 690ELC last week and was under 4500 and i give a one year warranty.

Light brown

I have a 690 e lc and yesterday while working it lost all functions. When I pull on the joystick it powers up the stepping motor but dose not recognize the function that I'm trying to do. I tapped on the relay on the end of the pump and everything come back. Shut the machine off come back a little later it went back to no function and tried everything and nothing worked. Any ideas on what's going on