• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 50D mini ex injector install

mike holcomb

i have a jd 50D #1FF050DXJA0275408 has a yanmar engine #4TNV88-BPHB , i went to put new JD SEB injectors in with new washer and tip isolator, the new injector slips in with ease. Is that how they go in? for some reason i feel there should be some resistance going in? old ones came out really hard. any advise is appreciated. Thanks

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Can't say I will have an answer for you since it has been years since I installed injectors in a "D". They shouldn't be hard to install. Yes, the hold down bolts are what keeps them in place, not the tightness in the bore.

Were the original injectors SEB?

Can you post a picture of the new and old injectors side by side?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I’m not familiar with the engine but might know the actual injectors.. I would think that there’s some sort of “dust seal”
on them.. maybe an oring.??
If there is none, u better find the correct torque for the hold down..
Good luck

mike holcomb

Can't say I will have an answer for you since it has been years since I installed injectors in a "D". They shouldn't be hard to install. Yes, the hold down bolts are what keeps them in place, not the tightness in the bore.

Were the original injectors SEB?

Can you post a picture of the new and old injectors side by side?
I was just surprised how easy they set in after how hard they came out. Put them in, seems hold downs crush the washer or push into place as I tq down the hold down. Yes they were SEB injectors that came out. JD # MIA883396

Attachments

• 20240508_112050.jpg
    20240508_112050.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4