• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 35d right spool valve

redrob

My 35D just started leaking fluid. Looks to be right propel valve. There's a hole in the side spraying fluid when right side tram lever is moved. Does not leak until I try to tram. Any ideas what is wrong?
KcecMfU.jpg

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
The travel plunger seals (items 5B and C) are leaking and probably filling the housing (item 8A) their in.

35d.png

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Oh, the spool valve and not the pilot valve. I believe that was a steel ball pressed into a cross drilled passage. That would not be available. You would need to replace the spool section.

Monkeywithawrench

MG.......could you tap a thread in the housing and thread in a plug?? Just curious.......don't know anything about JD and how its supposed to work. Or at a crude fix, weld the hole up?? Is the ball pressed in just to plug the cross drilled port?? Always trying to learn.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
could you tap a thread in the housing and thread in a plug??

I don't see why not. That is what I would try before replacing the section.

Is the ball pressed in just to plug the cross drilled port??

Yep. I am not 100% sure on that model but I know many cross drilled ports in our product line are plugged with little stainless steel balls.