• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 350D goes 90% throttle at cold start up .

hunterdog967

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
John Deere excavator ser #; FF350DX806210 at start up below 0 degrees it's supposed to bump throttle up to 1400 RPM to warm up hydraulics. This unit is starting and reving up to 90% throttle for around 15 minutes then to auto decel low throttle. Does anyone have any ideas what I can try ,possibly hydraulic temp sensors. Can't find anything to read on this other than hydraulic temperature sensor bumps engine up to 1400 rpm till hydraulic oil Warm

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I don’t have any way to decipher the sn.. so I don’t know if the inj pump is electrical or mechanical.. if it’s mechanical it must have an actuator to bump it that hi..
If it’s an electric inj pump, idk what u could do about that.

hunterdog967

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
I don’t have any way to decipher the sn.. so I don’t know if the inj pump is electrical or mechanical.. if it’s mechanical it must have an actuator to bump it that hi..
If it’s an electric inj pump, idk what u could do about that.
It has electric unit injectors with high pressure pump.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I found a solution (Deere speak for bulletin) that when the temp is 0*C at cold start up the engine rpm will rise until the hydraulic temperature reaches 2*C, then drop to low idle regardless of throttle position. It says it is normal. Check your messages to see if the information matches what is happening to your unit.

hunterdog967

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
I found a solution (Deere speak for bulletin) that when the temp is 0*C at cold start up the engine rpm will rise until the hydraulic temperature reaches 2*C, then drop to low idle regardless of throttle position. It says it is normal. Check your messages to see if the information matches what is happening to your unit.
Yes read that bulletin, only problem is at 0* C it's supposed to rev up to 1400 rpm to warm up but this is is around 2000 RPM . Just wondering what would cause the extr 600 RPM it's almost full throttle at cold start up

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
It’s probably adjustable using the Deere “data-link”..
If u spend A LOT of time in that machine at that temp, it’s probably worth it to get someone out to adjust it.??
It sure would save a lot of wear and tear on ur engine.. IMO.
Has it ALWAYS done it.??

hunterdog967

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
I will call dealer and ask ,another question does the fan motor and EGR valve have to be recalibrated when replaced on the 350 DLC