• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 323E electric issue

atc7271#

I can not get my 2014 323e to crank over, also when I sit in the seat all the lights light up as usual, but gauges don’t move. I have checked relays, fuses, and key switch. There is power at key switch. There is a diode in fuse pannel, it checks out good, but is there any other diodes or fuses I could check? There also is no power at the f15 f17 and f18 fuses. Does anyone have any suggestions?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF atc;)!

Complete machine serial number for starters.

How did you check the diodes in the fuse box? Is the top (V2) diode's arrow pointing towards the operator's seat? Is the diode (V1) below it pointing straight up?

atc7271#

Ok, sorry for the slow response. I went after my fuses relays and diodes, cleaning and diolectrictric grease. It now starts, but I can’t get the brakes to release, will not move tracks, hole story is I bought this machine as a Parshal basket case, engine had hole in block and hydro system was completely disconnected. I have put a new engine in it, and connected the entire hydro system. Eveything works but it will not drive. Display will tell me to release to enable hydro drives then it tells me to release Park brake, any suggestions what to look at?SN#1T0323EJHEJ266668

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Hydraulic enable switch turned on?

When you sit in the seat and pull the seat bar down, then release park brake, what specifically happens with the lights on the dash? Does the seat bar light go out when lowering the seat bar? Does the seat belt light go out after about 5 seconds after lowering the seat bar? Does the park brake light go out?

Press and hold the menu button until service menu appears. Scroll too codes. Post any active and stored codes. Clear them and see if any come back.

atc7271#

Yes seat light goes out, seat belt goes out, hydro pump lock goes out, but park break light stays on. I push joy stick and just a beep from alarm.

atc7271#

How do I check codes? I held menu till main menu options come up, then scrolled till I get to codes, I tried to select it, no luck, in fact I can’t select any of the options in the service menu. Fuses are all good

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Makes me wonder if your select button is defective.

You did key on, press and hold the menu button until the words "SERVICE MENU" appear in the screen?

Is your unit a keyless machine or does it use an ignition key?

Post your complete machine serial number please.

atc7271#

SN#1T0323EJHEJ266668 Yes it has key, and yes I held menu with key on, service menu did come up, I then scrolled down till I came to codes, but then I wasn’t able to select it. I am not able to select anything in the service menu. Am I doing something wrong. It seems as if the select button isn’t working. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
You should be able to read codes even if you are not in the service menu. There is something going on with the monitor (EMU in Deere speak). I think it is related to the park brake issue. The EMU controls the park brake.

The menu button works, your scroll buttons work, but the select button does not. Interesting. When you sit in the seat the EMU lights up. What happens when you key on after you sit?

atc7271#

I sit in seat dash lights up, tells me model, 1 speed then hours. Key on and fuel and temp cycle, beeps twice then a pause them 3 beeps and finally two fast beeps at the end. Lap restaurant light seat belt light and Hydo, and park stay lit up. Put down lap bar two quick beeps, and lap bar and seat belt shut off.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I am chewing on it for a bit. I have an "E" in my bay right now and I am going to look at a couple of things when I get a chance.

Last edited:

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I did learn that you should be able to access codes without even turning the key on. If all the buttons work except the select, then I would suspect a problem with the EMU. You should be able to access codes without being in the service mode, you just won't be able to clear codes without being in service mode. I also suspect an issue since "Service Mode" does not appear in the screen when the menu button is held for 5 seconds+.

I would make sure first that you definitely have switched and unswitched power to the EMU. Make sure the EMU has good grounds. Then I would double check inputs from the seat switch, seat bar (both of which should be fine since their respective lights go out) and the park brake switch.

I PM"d you.

atc7271#

Maybe I didn’t explain very well, I can access “service mode”, just when I scroll down to code, I can’t select it. Could it be that there are no codes? I will try testing my switched and I switched power, and grounds. I find it super difficult to test anything. The manual I am using is jd operation and test tech manual tm13009x19 10aug20. I wish they could have simple plug breakdowns with a glossary of what you want to see when testing.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
When you press select on the codes screen and there are no codes, then the screen should change to "No Codes". Can you enter any other section, like diagnostics?

I wish they could have simple plug breakdowns with a glossary of what you want to see when testing.

What? Make it easy. Deere will have none of that:p. Section 9015-10 W2 Cab Wiring Harness Wiring Diagram has the pictures of the plugs. Plugs X41, 42 and 43 are for the EMU.

Also, section 9015-15 EMU Circuit Theory of Operation or 9015-10 System Functional Schematic all tell you what connector and what pin within that connector the wires are in.

atc7271#

No, I can’t enter in any of the sections. Thanks for the service manual info. I will start troubleshooting.