• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

john deere 310D brake issue

Dave Nance

On my John Deere 310D I can set the parking brake and the light comes on and it engages the clutch cutout, but does not apply the brakes. Any ideas on why it does not apply the bakes?
Thanks
Dave

T-town

Occupation
retired !
Welcome aboard Dave......
..one thing the JD gurus might ask for right off the top would be serial#... so you might want to have that handy.
good luck with your issue

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
You will have to pull the plug back left corner top side with 1/2” ratchet. Chock the wheels or put stabs down. Release the park brake either running or caged. Adjust the park brake band tighting with very large flat screwdriver. And back it off one turn. If it will not tighten up or you find it broken the the trans axle will have to get dropped out. I have changed the band with axle in frame on open rops unit but cabs are not possible.

Dave Nance

I pulled the seat up and all I see if the Air conditioning and the heating elements. Does this stuff need to be removed? Can I look from under neat ?
thanks
Dave

Dave Nance

Pulled the very back plate and it's too far back. I think what I need to see is under the seat and all of the heat and AC equipment. I may pull all of that out too.

Dave Nance

well I got this one used and the heater and AC does not work, so I think I'll just remove that stuff. Save on anti freeze to.
Thanks, I'll set off on that task tomorrow .

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
There should only be one plug in the top deck of the transmission. 1/2” drive ratchet it’s about a 1” or so pipe plug.

Dave Nance

Well I found the park brake hydraulic action and it does move the arm the goes into the trans-axle. Only way I have been able to see this unit is craw under it, or look at it from the very back of the machine. How do I get to the adjustment? Is the 1/2 plug on the top of the trans-axle?
Thanks

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
so i looked it up on the deere parts website. the part number is 15h562 for the pipe plug. yes it is on top rear of transaxle case. I do not remember if I used a mirror or just the right angle to view the adjustment bolt. Picture a 1/2 size bolt w/o flats and just a flat cut in it for large flat screw driver. T21579 is the actual part number of the adjusting bolt. Deere actually calls it a set screw in the breakdown. it is far from a set screw though. the breakdown may help you see what your actually trying to do here.

Dave Nance

br1474, THANKS! I found it where you said it was located. On this 310D you need a 3 inch screw driver, anything longer will not fit, anything shorter will not reach it. Thanks again!