• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 310B Steering Cylinder

HankTO

Hello All! I need to replace the seals on my JD 310B left side steering cylinder. Anyways I removed the gland nut and ram and the seals were shot. I had to drive the out seal out it seems to be a pressed fit. The problem is the second inner seal. This seal pretty much fell apart and I dug it out of its recess. The question is how do I get the new seal in? Not sure if the guide comes apart in order to install this seal.

HankTO

OK the gland nut is one solid piece. I carefully worked the inner seal into its groove like working a tire onto a rim. Weather pending I will reinstall the ram tomorrow and hopefully I didn't screw it up. I will let you all know the end result. Funny part is I was thinking loosing the gland nut was going to be the hardest part of this job.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
Glad to hear it worked out for ya. Will have to do mine soon.... or take it off and have it done.

HankTO

T-Town I didnt look into the cost of having a shop do the job but the price of the seal and piston ring kit was 28 bucks with shiping.