• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 310 G

smonterroso

I have a John Deere 310 G backhoe and the emergency brake keeps kicking on when in motion does anybody know what the problem could be

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Could be a bad connection to the switch or solenoid, if I remember right there has to be voltage to it to disable the brake, so any interruption in the circuit can set the brake. Does it do it randomly or when things get bumpy or hot? I would trace the wire from the solenoid on the trans as far as you can back to the dash if all that looks good the actual solenoid may be in need of replacement.

smonterroso

I could just be driving on the job site to dump a load of dirt or 3/4 and the break will kick on then I have to sit there and flip the switch back and forth until the finally kicks off to where I can start going again

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Also, make sure your transmission fluid is full. I just had a 210LE doing the same thing, turned out the tranny was way low on oil.