• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 250 skidsteer

Dblalock

I raised up out of seat and now hydraulics won’t work . Park and seatbelt light stay on. I’ve tried disconnecting battery to reset . Any clues anyone?

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
I raised up out of seat and now hydraulics won’t work . Park and seatbelt light stay on. I’ve tried disconnecting battery to reset . Any clues anyone?
The seat switch is tricky, they get mis-aligned under there.
it looks like a large mushroom switch, and I replaced the seat, could
not get it to operate right with much shimming & fussing.

Bwillis

I’ve got 240 doing crazy things also. Everything is interlocked and won’t move. No drive, bucket, or boom. My service manual is too old for the machine. If anyone has a 2000 up edition I would be grateful.

Bwillis

Dblalock I do know that the 240’s and 250’s have grounding issues between the instrument cluster and chassis. Without an accurate service manual it’s a crap shoot.

Bwillis

I’ve heard that you can run a dedicated ground from the battery to the cab and get good results but I haven’t tried it yet. Someone tried to re-rig mine and I think my problem lies deeper. From what I can decipher the solenoids get their ground through the cluster. Hope this helps.