• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 250 Skid Steer - Need Help!

H-E Manager

Occupation
Divisional Heavy Equipment Manager
Hey everyone,
I'm having some issues with a JD250 skid steer and was looking for some guidance. I lost all bucket functions and LH drive. The RH drive works, but it's very noisy like a huge strain on the hyd system. I'm thinking it may be an electrical issue with the lock out control solenoid and wanted to know if anyone had an electrical schematic they could share.

Thanks!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF HE;)! Do your pedals (or hand controls) unlock when releasing the park brake. Your issue sounds to me like the little coupler (item 11 in attachment) that connects the engine side hydrostatic pump (for the right side) to the forward side hydrostatic pump (for the left side) has failed. The hydraulic pump is driven off the forward hydrostatic pump. Rearward (engine side ) pump is turning and the forward pumps are not. Also when posting it always helps to have the machine serial number.

Attachments

• 250 Pump Coupling.pdf
    158 KB · Views: 16

H-E Manager

Occupation
Thank you for the reply. I will be sure to provide the SN going forward. Unfortunately this one is not readable...
I’ll split the hydro assembly and verify. Another strange issue is the machine was starting to lose its lifting ability shortly before it was turned off. When restarted that is when it wouldn’t move and no bucket controls. I also noticed the park brake switch light doesn’t go out completely. It stays half light. Could this be getting voltage back fed for some reason?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Lets worry about your loss of hydraulics/drive first. Unfortunately 200 series skid steers have a bunch of electrical issues and we will worry about that after the other issue is resolved.

H-E Manager

Occupation
MG,
Thanks for the assistance with this. It was a bear getting the hydro unit removed, but it's out. I split the front half and sure enough the shaft was broken at the splines. There as also plenty of metal particles to warrant a new/rebuilt unit. I'll throw it back together and find out why the dang brake light stays slight illumined. I suspect a bad ground somewhere back-feeding voltage...