• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 210LE Skiploader

JCG74

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question in hopes that someone else has experienced my proem. I own a 2006 JD 210LE Skiploader. My parking brake will not activate while engine is running. However, when I shut machine off it activates automatically like its supposed to do and machine will not roll. I did replace the parking brake switch, but to no prevail. If you've experienced and resolved the same issue please share your wisdom with me.

Thanks!

Delmer

If you've experienced and resolved the same issue

No, and No, but the obvious place to check is the solenoid. See if it's getting power when it's running and the brake isn't supposed to be on (or vice versa?). Then pull it out and see if it functions on the bench.

Tierrablooms

Did you end up getting this resolved? I have topped off the transmission oil - looks like it may be the solenoid but I am mechanically illiterate. I was looking at the parts diagram and can't make out which ones are the solenoid.

Steve Austin

Shuttle shift will have a range shifter in floor that you have to shift manually, and shift lever by steering wheel will only have forward neutral and reverse.
Power shift will have a knob on end of FNR shifter by steering wheel that you twist for range.

Steve Austin

Best picture i can come up with at the moment.
You are looking at the rear of your transmission on right you will see lower part of your range shifter.
On left side you will see your oil filter right above the oil filter you will see three small cylinder looking parts those are your solenoids.
The bottom one is differential lock solenoid.
The middle one is the park brake solenoid.
The top is MFWD solenoid if so equipped.
You state that park brake only applies when engine is shut off that's normal.
The park brake uses transmission oil pressure for its release pressure when shut engine off pressure drops to zero and brake applies.
When you put park brake switch in off position power energizes solenoid sending pressure oil to release park brake.
It sounds like there is a problem with the solenoid stem a blown O-ring or stuck spool in the stem.
The coil comes off first than you need a deep well socket to remove stem to check it.
Hope this helps.

Steve Austin

One more simple test i just though off. Disconnect electrical connector start unit see if park brake stays applied.
If it does, then something in the electrical side is keeping solenoid energized.