• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Joal Cat 920

JD4020

Anybody own one? I saw one at a hobby shop today, and REALLY want one, but they are going for LOTS of money. Id love to buy one and modify the cab into one of the other configurations.

JD4020

I saw one made by Joal. But the one at the store had a broken piston on it. And it was $28 so I didnt want to spend the money on it.

JD4020

I just bought the cab-less model on ebay for $15 including shipping.

JD4020

Here is a picture of the real thing, with the cab I want to build for it.

Attachments

• 920.jpg
    920.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 3,095

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Good to hear you got a good deal off of eBay. I wouldn't pay $28 for a used one, I think the new NZG one was cheaper. Which scale was the Joal in?

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry
I have a 920 by joal,i keep it in the package now,its a good model,i rember 2 weeks ago or so,a farmtoys dealer was selling it for 10$ new in the box,it was a good,deal,i was gonna get anotehr one but thet sold out of it,pictures of mine in the box,and compared to my 953.

Picture 104.jpg

Picture 106.jpg

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
The cab equipped version was also sold in 1/50 by Gescha/Conrad years ago, they sell for even more than the Joal version. I think they were made from the same molds. I think Joal still sells the 920 under the Compact name, they just changed the paint color slightly and don't put Cat decals on it anymore.
alan627b