• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG40H will not pull

epd

Cleaned the carb today. After I started it up it ran like a top, until I hit the hydraulics, the engine goes limp and dies.
Could it be the little solenoid on the backside of the carb?
Also the governor seems to be actuating the gas properly.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If the PG is attempting to throttle engine when the engine gets a load, yet it stalls out, likely is carb problem. And in my experience, not sure what you have in Canada, but here in the states they blend ethanol in the gas. That stuff is horrible for carbs, especially small ones. I've had more problems with carbs, Zenith in particular, since we started using alcohol gas. It's best to take the carb apart and clean in a good carb dip solvent. I've had folks say running Sea Foam through the carb helps, haven't had a chance to try it myself.

One other option you have is to use propane instead of gas. I have found they work far better on propane, eliminates the gas/carb problem.