1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

JLG wiring diagrams: meaning of solid black triangles

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by BrownBear, May 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BrownBear

BrownBear Member

I acquired a JLG 40H that previous owner seems to have done significant rewiring on, and have started puzzling through the schematics to try and make sense of it all. Possibly a dumb question, but what do the black triangles signify? The blurry text doesn't help with the interpretation, but my best guess right now is that it means "not connected to anything", as in, spare conductors to be used for contingencies or optional controls. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Attached Files:

2. azshadeguy

azshadeguy Member

I can't answer your question. But jlg wiring diagrams are very confusing. I am trying to figure out the control box on a 33rts. The previous owner made a mess of the wiring

3. Flat Thunder Channel

Flat Thunder Channel Well-Known Member

I am not an expert in wiring diagrams or in JLG specific wiring. I think I have seen similar symbols on diagrams in the past. The ones I am referring to would have a the same wire color with an arrow in the opposite direction. It was a jump to show the same wire in another location or even on another page.

4. OFF

OFF Senior Member

HD Mechanic/Shop Foreman
    I believe........Those symbols mean that those wires are in a harness/bundle headed for another junction box.

5. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    Yes they mean they travel to another page .

mg2361, Nige and Flat Thunder Channel like this.