• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 600s Basket does not swing right to left

barklee

Tested running voltage on my good 600s and got 13.8v. Seems about right. I also took a look at the fuel control rod. It seems to be moving freely. When I go over to my bad 600 I noticed the fuel control rod(one with solenoid on top) moves rather rigidly, not as smoothly. I read that this rod controls idle and doesn't idle depend on and select ways to route hydraulic oil flow ?

I got to say at this point your problems are probably way over my head and i hope if an actual mechanic sees this post they feel free to chime in with any help! Your not going to hurt my feelings if you correct me!

I dont want to tell you to throw parts at this machine but if it were mine that alternator and battery would be replaced immediately. Especially since you had better success with a full or better charge. These lifts are very picky about voltage, they do crazy stuff when a constant voltage isnt being supplied. If your alternator is weak, this could most certainly cause your issues (maybe not all of them but some)
Regarding your engine swap....... If they replaced this engine with an engine out of a 40' jlg then you do not have the same size engine. You should have a Deutz F4M1011 which is a 4 cylinder engine. If you have the rod that pushes the throttle than its the adco control system. I know some of these are three position throttle setups: idle, midrange (one function), high range (drive, or two functions at once). Some of them push for mid range and pull for high range but that could only be on a cummins setup..... I dont think the 3 cylinder machines had this option. However if they used the throttle system off of the blown engine then maybe it could......? No idea.
Either way it should have at least an idle setting and high range when you engage a function.
I dont know that the throttle position would affect the basket swing, as long as your controller is telling the oil to flow it should flow.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Wish I could help, but it appears there are so many things going on with this machine I'd just about have to be right there with it and get my hear buried in it to sort out all of its problems. :)

barklee

Wish I could help, but it appears there are so many things going on with this machine I'd just about have to be right there with it and get my hear buried in it to sort out all of its problems. :)

San Jose seems like a pretty nice spot to be....!
Bet ya Porterfilmz is probably ready to fly you out there to do just that!:D

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
San Jose seems like a pretty nice spot to be....!
Bet ya Porterfilmz is probably ready to fly you out there to do just that!:D

That would be interesting for sure, but this rental fleet that I keep up with with likely protest. :D

PORTERFILMZ

Hahah thanks for all the knowledge. It seems to me this thing is mess. I pulled the alternator today and going to have it tested for kicks. Probably going to end up replacing it I'll keep you guys posted !

San Jose is nice but there's too many people. Where you guys from ?

PORTERFILMZ

I got the alternator replaced and the battery tested out good. For some reason I'm still not running at 13v... Still no basket functions ! I'm about ready to set thing thing on fire

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
If you go to the jlg website, you can download free service manuals.

barklee

Did you try to clean up the connections on the inboard side of the engine? There should be two solenoids mounted to the engine tray i believe. Maybe its dropping voltage there? Just throwing ideas out there!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
What is not said is "where" you are "not getting" 13 volts. At the battery with engine running? At the lower master switch? At the platform controls?