• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 450ASII controls on platform stay on after letting go

HozeVig

Hey guys, I have this issue with a JLG 450ASII.

All the functions (drive,turn,lift,extend,swing) from the platform keep working when you let them go for about 3-4 seconds, even longer when the engine speed is on high. Only when you raise the foot pedal does it stop right away. From the base (bottom) it works fine.

This could get dangerous and I would like to fix it. Any help on what it could be? is it a calibration issue?

Thanks ahead.

Moonlite

Has this unit been doing this since you got it? Or has it just started this? Could be that someone has changed the decel settings. You will need a jlg analyzer to check settings. I suggest calling a tech out.

HozeVig

Yes, it has been doing this since we got it. I will look into finding an analyzer for the machine.

Thanks for the input!

fsmech

Occupation
field service mechanic
Yes you will definitely need the analyser to repair this one. Each function has a different
different acceleration and deceleration setting for the electric over hydraulic controls. Best idea would be to get a technician to restore it to factory settings. Once you have the analyser and password, settings can be changed that would make the machine very dangerous to operate if not done correctly

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Yup sounds like they have a lot of RamP set into the machine. all can be set with someone with a handheld analyzer.

HozeVig

UPDATE- I went ahead and got the analyzer. Was able to adjust the deceleration settings and took care of the problem. One of the easiest fixes I've ever done.

Thanks!