• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jlg 450a dies when switched to basket contols

slwbid

Cranks and runs fine at ground controls, but switch appears dead when turned to basket.
Any ideas appreciated, but wont help to send me working diagram. I cant read them.

If I could figure out how to lift the basket control pa el top,I could look to see if emergency cutoff switch has loose wire.

Any help appreciated
Stacy

Mikefromcny

Occupation
Mechanic
There's a Allen bolt on the under side of the platform control box. Unscrew that and it'll lift up. Sounds like you might have a bad e stop on the basket side.

slwbid

I found all my problems...
1. Bad ignition switch on upside
Later
2. 1 30amp connector behind bottomside EMS cutoff busted out, threw all load on the remaining 30 am. Melted it and burned out the new switch.
3. Got all that replaced. Ran 2 weeks and then nothing.
Checked voltage at switch. Only 11 volts. Traced main wire headed back towards battery.
Someone had replaced about 4 feet closest to switch with smaller guage and connected the two wires where weather could get to it. Obvious signs of getting hot.
Replaced that wire. All is well now