• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 450 AJ safety question

bowser

As I get a little older, I have gotten more cautious. I have often wondered what would happen if a hydraulic line to the main boom, secondary boom or jib were to burst, would the lift just crash to the ground or (as I hope) is there a sufficient back-up system where I don't need to worry about this. The hoses all look good but this question still enters my mind often.

bowser

Thank you 92U 3406. That does help me to feel better considering that this type of thing is your job. I appreciate your response.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
On the flip side though you will likely be stuck in the air if a line does go. Also be aware that if a holding valve starts weeping a lot out the vent hole near the end that it is starting to fail and should probably get replaced.