• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jlg 40h dying when switched to platform

Keith Lavery

2001 jlg 40h. My lift was working fine, and then it died in the air and so I had someone start if from the ground and when they would switch it to platform it would die. I finally had them just bring me down and when I switched it it worked fine. Later it quit working again with no luck figuring out what happened. I can control from the ground but can't move the machine because the drive contols are in the basket. Any help would be appreciated since it is parked in front of our local fire station :)

The basket was rotated to the left all the way when it quit working the first time if that helps.

Also I noticed that as soon as the switch is flipped, I lose all voltage at the meter.

Last edited:

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Don't know much about those older JLG units but I have run into a similar issue on the newer units. On those it seems in most cases its the harness where it flexes at the platform rotator.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Any idea what wire I might be chasing?

No clue unfortunately. We never had anything that age in our fleet. Just going off my experience with other JLG units. Could try and wiggle the harness where it flexes and see if you can replicate the problem a few times.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Most common cause of that problem is the dual fuel switch in the basket.