• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 33RTS Will Only Turn Right When Lift is Engaged

BigJim59

My JLG 33RTS scissor lift started having intermittent steering problems. The steering, turning left, (Standing on the machine facing forward) works fine. Steering to the right started to become sporadic. At first I thought like everyone else and started at the joystick switch. I traced the circuit from the joystick to the relay to the hydraulic solenoid. They all check out I even swapped components between the left side and right side hydraulic solenoids with no change.

What I discovered is the machine will turn left only when the lift is engaged and then only slowly.

I do not see how the two can be related but hydraulics are not my strong suite. Does anyone have an idea about what could be causing this? Your help and advice would be mightily appreciated. I have included an image of the valve from the parts book as well as a lay-out of the valve from the hydraulic diagram.
Steer-Lift-Valve.jpg