• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 33RTS will move reverse but not forward.

gokeeper

Occupation
Reliability Engineer
Today I experienced a new issue with the JLG 33RTS it will move in reverse but not forward. I checked the wording diagram and looked at terminals 8 and 9 both had power when moved in the right direction. I them checked the connection at the piston pump 4 wire connection. When I jumpers across the plug for forward it worked. Thought I had a bad connector cut it off and wired direct. Still the same issue. I then disconnected the reverse wire and forward worked fine. Reconnect reverse and only reverse works. So I swapped the orange and blue wire (forward and reverse) now both work just opposite ends am scratching my head. Ohm out the coils spec says 19/15.5 I got 19.4 and 16.4 ohms. I am getting 3 volts on both wires to the coils. I am getting 90mA on the reverse wire and 50mA on the forward this is the only difference I can fine but can not explain why it works when the wires are reversed. Any ideas?