• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jim mcd

jbmcflyboy

I have a john deere 210 backhoe and have developed a leak in the hydraulic system. The transmission is leaking oil out of the shifter boot and the dipstick when it is sitting shut off or during operation dont understand how the hydraulic oil gets from the holding tank into the transmission anyone ever hear of this problem or have a diagram of the hydraulic system thanks jim

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
Is that a 210C? Is it the Reverser? If it is the component directly behind the engine...that is supplied with hydraulic oil. The forward or reverse pack/piston seals must be leaking and over filling? The transmission is a part of the rear axle and if i remember correctly it's shift shafts are out the side.

TP27937________UN01JAN94.jpg

This is the Reverser control rod linkage. Is this where the oil is?

jbmcflyboy

210c

Is that a 210C? Is it the Reverser? If it is the component directly behind the engine...that is supplied with hydraulic oil. The forward or reverse pack/piston seals must be leaking and over filling? The transmission is a part of the rear axle and if i remember correctly it's shift shafts are out the side.

View attachment 102258

This is the Reverser control rod linkage. Is this where the oil is?

yes it is a 210 c and your explanation sound like it might be the problem thanks for the diagram now I can start to tear it down and check for worn seals will let you know what I find Jim